Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award doc Pz.Jg.Abt 131

Hi guys ,

Just got this doc today and like to find out more about this .Specially ID the signature on it.
    Or anyone know where this Pz.Jg.Abt131 fought in 1942
    Thx in advance
    regards
    Peter
    DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

Is this citation part of a grouping? I might be way off (certainly wouldn't be the first tme), and I can't quite put my finger on it but I don't like the signature on that citation. I have no idea who was in command at the time so have nothing to compare it to but it kind of looks like it was only signed last month.

Comment

During the winter of 41\42 the 131 infanterie division fought under the XXXXIII Korps

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...XXIIIKorps.htm

I've no idea who the commander of the division's panzerjäger abteilung was, certainly nobody that won one of the higher decorations when serving with the unit.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Like Simon I can find no mention of a unit commander but the bulk of Panzer Jager Abt 131 became incorporated into the Recon Abt 131 on the 1.7.42 of the 131 Infantry Division. I have no problems with the signature....looks fine to me but cant make out a name. Sorry not much help.

Phil

Comment

Hi there,

Is was the same with me.Signature is look weak but I am sure is good as the paper too.What I found on the net that the Pz.Jg.Abt 131 fought or was created from the Pz.Jg.Abt 653 lately, but not really sure yet....
          But also they was in the 4th army middle front.
          So maybe I can research the way of the 4.army and they ways through the battles.
          It came to me with the east medall only .
          thx to everyone who helped me a little bit.
          regards
          Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X