U-Boat Officer Docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat Officer Docs

Here is an interesting set, to Emmerich, Baron von Mirbach, who served as L.I. (Leitender Ingenieur- First Engineer) on a U-Boat.

First his service contract, for an unlimited period of time

Next, his review paper as Fähnrich (Officer Candidate) from Marineschule Mürwick

His scores

Next, his papers qualifying as trained on U-Boat engines and electrical gear.

His promotion doc to Leutnant zur See with genuine pen signature of Raeder

And, promotion to Oberleutnant. The Raeder sig is a rubber stamp facsimilie on this one

Promotion docs are large A3 size so had to be photographed rather than scanned, hence not so nice quality images

Gordon

Comment

From his Baltic birth, he was apparently one of the Russian branch of Barons Mirbach, my 1921 list of GERMAN Noble War Dead for WW1 comments that at least 6 sons of the late Tsarist Vice Admiral (d. 1902) Baron Mirbach were in the service in 1914, but their survival was unknown at that time.

Emmerich Freiherr von Mirbach survived WW2 and in 1960 was a Kapitänleutnant in the Bundesmarine, married to Barbara (born 18.7.26), living at Havemeisterstrasse 2 I Kiel.

He was still on active duty in 1963, but no ranks were given in that issue of the MOHeV Directory.

His presumed brothers Götz (Crew of 1935, Korv.Kapt. aD) and Klaus Wilhelm (born 13.6.22, Crew 1940--active duty 1963, KaptLt in 1960) also survived the Second World War.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X