Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Signatures ID Required

Hello all,
    Having recently obtained the book Das Deutsche Heer 1939: Gliederung, Standorte, Stellenbesetzung und Verzeichnis sämtlicher Offiziere am 3.1.1939 I have been happily ploughing through my Wehrpasses and Soldbucher trying to identify pre & early war signatures, and with some success. So far the book has enabled me to identify approx 17 previously unknown signatures, mostly no-one of any real note but also including future DKiG & Ehrenblattspange winners, but either way it has been enjoyable uncovering the identities.

However, I have drawn a blank on these 2 and wondered if anyone can help please - plus possibly provide confirmation on a third.

Number 1) Generalmajor shown as Kommandeur Wehrbezirkskommando in Berlin in 1936. Unfortunately by the time the listings were compiled none of the various Kommandeurs of the Berlin W.B.K's were above the rank of Oberst.
    Attached Files

Number 2) Stamp shows I Abteilung Aufkl.Rgt 6 and dated 1938 with the signing officer being an Oberstleutnant and Kommandeur (of the Aufkl.Rgt rather then the Abteilung I'm assuming). In the aforementioned book, the commander of the Abt is no higher then a Major and there is no mention of an Aufkl.Rgt 6 (unless I can't see it for looking). But under Aufkl.Abt 8 there is an Oberstleutnant in command with the name of Grolig and in brackets there is the notation (Aufkl.Rgt 6). The soldier (an officer) who's WP this is did serve with Aufkl.Abt 8 from Oct 1935-Oct 1937 before going to I./Aufkl.Rgt 6 from Oct 1937-Nov 1938 (or was it a case of Abt 8 being renamed as the I Abt of Aufkl.Rgt 6?).
    Anyway, I can't see the name of Grolig in that signature but you never know I suppose where a squiggle is concerned!
    Attached Files

Comment

Number 3) The unit is 11./Infanterie Rgt 110, dated 1937, and according to the book it is Edelbluth in 1939 - which it does look like. In the 1944 Rangliste book there is one Edelbluth listed as a Major of Gren.Rgt 110 in January 1942 with the forename of Raimund. I am assuming that this is the same Raimund Edelbluth who won the DKiG in July 1942 & the Ehrenblattspange in April 1943 while with I./Infanterie (Grenadier) Regiment 253 but can anyone confirm that it is the same person.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
        Number 2) Stamp shows I Abteilung Aufkl.Rgt 6 and dated 1938 with the signing officer being an Oberstleutnant and Kommandeur (of the Aufkl.Rgt rather then the Abteilung I'm assuming). In the aforementioned book, the commander of the Abt is no higher then a Major and there is no mention of an Aufkl.Rgt 6 (unless I can't see it for looking). But under Aufkl.Abt 8 there is an Oberstleutnant in command with the name of Grolig and in brackets there is the notation (Aufkl.Rgt 6). The soldier (an officer) who's WP this is did serve with Aufkl.Abt 8 from Oct 1935-Oct 1937 before going to I./Aufkl.Rgt 6 from Oct 1937-Nov 1938 (or was it a case of Abt 8 being renamed as the I Abt of Aufkl.Rgt 6?).
        Anyway, I can't see the name of Grolig in that signature but you never know I suppose where a squiggle is concerned!
        I have an Obstlt. Cord von Bülow as Kdr. of Auf.Rgt.6 from 12.10.1937. No-one listed after that.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
          Number 3) The unit is 11./Infanterie Rgt 110, dated 1937, and according to the book it is Edelbluth in 1939 - which it does look like.
          It definitely says "Edelbluth".

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
            I have an Obstlt. Cord von Bülow as Kdr. of Auf.Rgt.6 from 12.10.1937. No-one listed after that.

Jason
            Thanks for that Jason. It isn't Cord von Bülow as I have an example of his signature as Kdr of Schützen Rgt 12 in late 1939 and it doesn't match.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X