could this be the same man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could this be the same man?

I found this SS postcard photo of SS Pioneers on the form and the one gentlemen front right looks like he could be my uncle. What do you guys think, I showed it to my Oma and she said it could be as well. My uncle enlisted in September 1,1939 and served as a Pioneer for the duration of the war. His training unit was 1. Gen.Kp./SS-Pi.E.Btl . The fist picture I have to compare the postcard with him is from September 1940 and the second photo is from September 1944. What do you guys think, same man?

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Files

the pictures to compare with the above.
    Attached Files

Comment

Facial features all seem to match, particularly his distinctive ears. Combine that with his role as an SS pionier... I'd vote yes, it's the same man.

Jason

Comment

The ears and the wave in the hair seem to match.

Wayne

Comment

match

The ears do not look the same from what I see. The pic in question shows ears with a straighter edge and perhaps an ear lobe, while your uncle's ears are half-a-heart shaped and attached lobes. If only the pic were in better focus...

Comment

Why not assume it is. It would be wonderful to be able to add photos of your family to your collection. It looks pretty darned convincing anyway!

Comment

If I compare the two pictures with the SS postcard ,I would also say that this is the same person. The her style , his distinctive ears, facial features al seems to match.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. I wish I knew which year the postcard picture was taken in and what unit it was. But I’m going to assume that it is him.

Thanks for you help.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X