Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS panzer photo, opinions?

Hi guys,

Today bougth this nice small 7x7 cm photo of some STUG members from the Waffen SS. I'm not sure if this is a good one because these agfa pictures are almost always stamped on the backside with "Agfa-Brovira" or "Agfa-Lupex".
    Please some opinions! Thanks!

Greetz, Jan

the picture was printed after the war...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael73 View Post
      the picture was printed after the war...
      agree

Comment

Fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Harris View Post
          Fake.
          Its a postwar-print (as already stated), not a fake. Big difference

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
            Its a postwar-print (as already stated), not a fake. Big difference
            Why do you think so? Because of postwar Agfa markings? It came from family? It was made for veteran from original negative?

Comment

Just for understanding - all photos with such cutting = fakes for me.

MADE.jpg

Comment

Maybe the best practical definition of 'fake' as often used on this board is "not what the seller represents it to be".

'Fake' definitely loses something in the translation to English language. I think what is intended to convey is more like the English word 'fraud'.

If the seller were to describe it as 'post-war print from original negative', then there is no fraud. But I suspect some folks here (at least the purists) might still refer to it as a fake, simply because the print was made post-war. In their definition, fake seems to equate to post-war.

I like images for the information they contain. Whether it's a post-war print or not makes no difference to me. In fact some recent prints (from original negatives) can be higher quality than ones produced during the 1930's or 1940's.
                Of course in no way does that condone any lying by the seller about what is being offered. And a recent print (with the seller keeping the negative) should be priced accordingly, with full factual disclosure.

Comment

Okay guys, thanks for the responses! I had actually expected that this is a post-war picture I bought this picture together with 10 other Waffen SS (including LSSAH and more Panzer) pictures with exactly the same backside wit "Agfa" on it. Are these pictures printed just after the war?
                  Could someone tell me whether it is still worth something?

Comment

No one any idea?

Comment

Second last

Have a symbol on left sleeve thats really interesting, du you have more pics with this on? T.

Comment

Some people would buy such photos for a few euros, I believe

Comment

Okay, thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X