MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assistance with Luftwaffe Hund Insignia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance with Luftwaffe Hund Insignia...

I have a couple of different photos of this Luftwaffe accident...all "Doggy Style" jokes aside (), would anyone be able to positively identify the specific Luftwaffe Unit that used this Hund Insignia ???

Many Thankx...

"Hundestaffel"
    Attached Files

According to my Documentation, several LW-Units used a Dog as a Tactictal symbol, for an example :
    10.(Z.)J.G.5
    13.(Z.)J.G.5
    Stuka-Geschwader 2 (Stab and 1st Gruppe), with colour Variations for each "Staffel"
    They were perhaps more.... All Emblems below do not match exactly with yours. There are probably more in "Die Truppenkennzeihen 39-45" from Schmitz/thies, Band II and III. Regards. lionel.

Comment

Hello Lionel:

Many thankx for your reply...yes, I realize that there were many Luftwaffe units that used a Hund insignia, that is why I asked if anyone could identify the specific Luftwaffe Unit that the insignia shown belonged to. In one of the other photos I have of this accident, the license plate of the tracked vehicle is shown and reads "WL - ---018" (the first three numbers have - for whatever reason[s] - been period painted over in white on the plate itself). Possibly identification could be made (??) from this 'modified' plate...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Anyone else ???

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Hi all
          The nearest I can find, maybe a veriation on the I./Flak.Rgt.64.?
          Hope this helps
          Regards Jack

Comment

Thankx for the input Jack - indeed, the logo might possibly be a I. / Flak Rgt. 64 variation...

As vehicles are not one of my strong points, if someone could positively identify the make / model of the (huge) Prime Mover and Staff Car it would be appreciated.

*** On the original print (and seen in this scan if you look hard enough), you can see shrapnel damage (almost like a close-range shotgun blast buckshot grouping) on the Staff Car's door near / around the top door hinge.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

As noted above, any assistance in regards to ID'ing the makes / models of the vehicles shown would be very much appreciated...

Thankx....

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X