BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Krim-shield lot (incl. EKII issued at Krim)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Krim-shield lot (incl. EKII issued at Krim)

Just in from the family. Note the silver wound badge, given for the 1st wound (must have been a very bad one).
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Nice set. I especially like the IAB variant citation.

Comment

Nice group!

I'm sure it was a severe wound which warranted the VAiS. I have a similar group to a RGG member who was initially awarded the black wound badge only to receive the silver shortly thereafter w/o returning to the front.

Thanks for showing!

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
          Nice set. I especially like the IAB variant citation.
          Gotta agree with that....how often do you see "An der Loire" as a pre-printed award location?

Is the awardee's name as completely vanished from the doc as it appears? Or is it a bit better in hand?

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJ View Post
            Nice group!

I'm sure it was a severe wound which warranted the VAiS. I have a similar group to a RGG member who was initially awarded the black wound badge only to receive the silver shortly thereafter w/o returning to the front.

Thanks for showing!

Jeremy
            I notice the silver wound badge was awarded 3 Feb in Nurnberg, but he rec'ed the EK1 in late march "Auf der Krim". While that doesn't necessarily place him directly on the front lines, it sort of leads to the fact he was still relatively close, and back in Russia (or the Soviet Union, as you please).

Pure conjecture of course....

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
              Is the awardee's name as completely vanished from the doc as it appears? Or is it a bit better in hand?

best
              Hank
              Its much better in hand, thats the fault of my scanner - here is a foto:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
                I notice the silver wound badge was awarded
                ...edit.....

best
                Hank
                Oops, didn't see Jeremy was talking about a group of his, not this one. Never mind.

Hank

Comment

The EK 2 was issued in Kishinew, the capital of the (by then) Romanian province of Bessarabia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X