Luftwaffe Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Documents

Hi all, New user to this forum, and still relativley new to collecting Wehrmacht militaria, have just agreed a price for this luftwaffe Ek2, 4 Year Service award and paperwork along with 2 promotion docs, opinions please? Price agreed £175 GBP.
    http://www.thirdreichmedals.com/pictures/j879.html

Kind Regards,

Max

Seems like a decent set at an okay price. Although the condition isn't the best, I do like the semi-early EK2 document.

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Yes, a decent set. But I wouldn't attribute the EK to the BoB. It's probably an award given as a result of service during the Western campaign. It was awarded the day the armistice became official.

Comment

I would agree the EK2 was not awarded to the Battle of Britain. Also all indications point to his serving with Ln units (signals) during the war which makes the EK2 awarded for ground combat. That in itself is fairly unique considering the unit type.

Luftgaustab z.b.V. 12
        Formed in October 1939 in Wiesbaden for the French campaign. Redesignated Luftgau-Kommando Westfrankreich on 24 June 1940.

Kommandeure:
        Oct 1939 - 30 Sep 1940: Generalleutnant Alfred Mahnke
        26 Oct 1939 - 23 Jun 1940: Generalleutnant Gebhard von Kotze
        1 Jan 1940 - 22 Oct 1941: Generalleutnant Albert Vierling

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

I doubt he was involved in any direct combat either, there's a good chance this is a unit allocation type award for the units overall performance during the Western campaign, based on his pre-war documents i'd take a guess at him still being with an airfield signals section in 1940, moving westwards with the army, setting up captured French airfields for use by the LW. As the Battle of Britain didn't even start until 10th July it's clear this award has no connection to it. I hope the group wasn't bought on the strength of that.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for all the replys and opinions, Wasnt intending to buy on the premise that this guy was a BoB vet, Just figured it was a nice group of things for the price considering the inclusion of his Ek2 and 4 year service award. My collection is still very small , I currently have 1x Black wound badge with document, 1 Ek2 marked 25, 1 ostmedaille, and some metal luft insignia, aswell as a heer cap insignia, (silver with red and black dot in the centre).

Max

Comment

Max, we all start somewhere, i hope you're enjoying the hobby
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X