Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalingrad feldpost envelope

Hi all

ive been offered a Stalingrad Feldpost Envelope which is dated early December 1942 after the pocked was closed. Sorry but i cannot show a picture. It is in very good condition but there is no letter inside. can i ask what a good price to pay for this item. Im told its rare but ive no idea on the pricing of Feldpost

Thanks
    darren

Originally posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
    Hi all

ive been offered a Stalingrad Feldpost Envelope which is dated early December 1942 after the pocked was closed. Sorry but i cannot show a picture. It is in very good condition but there is no letter inside. can i ask what a good price to pay for this item. Im told its rare but ive no idea on the pricing of Feldpost

Thanks
    darren
    Hi Darren,

I collect Stalingrad Feldpost (large groupings mainly) and to be honest, I would never consider buying an empty envelope. To me, the value is in the letter, but there seems to be a market for envelopes with no contents (maybe stamp collectors?). Why does the seller think it's rare? (the only thing I can think of is it has the FPN of a super-rare unit or perhaps a famous personality). I've got a few thousand Feldpostbriefe in my collection alone. By a conservative estimate, hundreds of thousand of letters must have been sent from Stalingrad pocket after encirclement, so I don't understand why he would think it's rare.

An empty envelope would only fetch a few dollars at the most, and that's being generous.

Hope that helps
    Jason

Comment

Thanks for the advice Jason.

Bye the way ive just finished reading " An Artillery man in Stalingrad" and can i say what an awesome book. The Croation legion is next on the list.

I can understand what your saying about Feldpost as invididual items do not really interest me either. As a matter of interest ive just had delivery of a nice Stalingrad group. Its to a soldier of Inf Rgt 203 which as you know is part of the 76th Inf Divison. The EK1 is signed by Rodenberg which is cool as ive never seen his signature on anything before let alone one dated 15th October 1942. As well as a photo album with pre war photos in it also includes a nice Infantry Assalut badge dated 4th October 1942 and signed by Hans-Christoph Von Spangenberg who was awarded his KC in the pocket.

All the best
      Darren

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X