Help With some pz Docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With some pz Docs

Can anyone tell me who's signature is on the Silver pz doc? I have gone through the history of pz rgt 35 and can't seem to match this officer. Also for pz pi btl 58 I am wondering if this unit had bridging panzers? Could this be why he was awarded the pab? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Panzer Pionier Battalion 58 was part of the 7th Panzer Division. In 1940 This battalion consisted of:

58 Pioneer Battalion

Pioneer Company (half-track)

2 x Pioneer Company (mot)

Brüko B (mot)

Light Pioneer Supply Column (mot)

He certainly would be a candidate for the PAB. Nice docs!

I just quickly looked through the register of commanders of Pz Reg 35 and couldnt make a match either. Im sure someone will be able to tho!
      Last edited by 12thPanzer; 01-22-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks Bill, I have gone through several sources and this sig isn't ringing a bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcarver View Post
          Thanks Bill, I have gone through several sources and this sig isn't ringing a bell.
          A hi-res scan of the signature might make it easier to decipher.

Comment

It is signed by someone acting as a temporary commander so if he held that position for just a short time there is always a chance his name is lost to time.

Comment

Thats what I am thinking. I am currently reading the history of pz rgt 35 and this unit had such high turnover and the 2nd kp was even sent to the 11th pz div for a year so it may be impossibe to tell who he is.

Comment

I am currently reading the history of pz rgt 35 and this unit had such high turnover and the 2nd kp was even sent to the 11th pz div for a year so it may be impossibe to tell who he is.
                Not impossible at all. As I wrote earlier, add a hi-res scan of the signature, and once the name is deciphered, we can work our way back. Trying to do it from the other direction is far more time-consuming and less likely to give an answer. A Panzer Hauptmann will appear in the records somewhere.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X