Help With Book Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Book Project

To my fellow members on the WAF, this is a request for assistance for a book project on German Personal items of WWII. My name is Jim Pool and for those that don’t know, one of the authors of Rations of the German Wehrmacht in WWII. The second Volume should come out in 2012 or 2013. My initial vision and outline for the Personal Items books are shown below.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Ruhetag -The Day to Day Life of the German Soldier in WWII, Volume I: Health and Hygiene
    <O></O>
    <CHAP>Table of Contents<O></O>
    <O></O>
    <TEXT>Acknowledgements<O></O>
    <TEXT>Forward<O></O>
    <TEXT>Introduction<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 1 Skin Care<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 2 Oral Hygiene<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 3 Hair Care<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 4 Foot Care<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 5 Shaving<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 6 Deodorants and Perfumes<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 7 I Didn’t Know Where Else to Put It!<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 8 First Aid<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 9 Maintaining the Uniform; Keeping it Clean<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 9 Maintaining the Uniform; Making Repairs<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 10 Females in the Service of the Reich<O></O>
    <TEXT>Annex 1 Mica Kits<O></O>
    <TEXT>Glossary<O></O>
    <TEXT>Bibliography<O></O>
    <TEXT>Trademark Information<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Ruhetag -The Day to Day Life of the German Soldier in WWII, Volume II: Morale and Welfare
    <O></O>
    <TEXT>Acknowledgements<O></O>
    <TEXT>Forward<O></O>
    <TEXT>Introduction<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 1 Adding the Personal Touch<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 2 Politically Incorrect-Nicotine and the German Soldier<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 3 Ooh la la!Sex and the German Soldier<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 4 Tor! Sports and Other Games<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 5 Whiling Away the Hours-Crafts, Hobbies and Other Leisure Activities<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 6 Keeping in Touch With Family and Friends-The Feldpost Connection<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 7 The German Soldier as Tourist<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 8 The Sound of Music<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 9 A Little Bit of Home-Front Line Entertainment<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 10 Indoctrination the Party Line<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 11 “Gott Mit Uns”<O></O>
    <TEXT>Chapter 12 Warm and Cuddly-Pets and the German Soldier<O></O>
    <TEXT>Annex 1<O></O>
    <TEXT>Glossary<O></O>
    <TEXT>Bibliography<O></O>
    <TEXT>Trademark Information<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Both Volumes will be a blend of wartime intelligence reports, factory information, and of course photographs much like the Ration books. Obviously a project of this scale is well beyond the capability of any single person to cover adequately.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    So I’m asking for your assistance in providing any of the following:<O></O>
    <O></O>
    a. Wartime photographs of German soldiers conducting activities or actions consistent with the topics shown above.<O></O>
    b. Contemporary or wartime photographs of personal items.<O></O>
    c. Written information (wartime or Contemporary) on the selected topics or individual personal items.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Scanned items should be done at 300 DPI or higher. Small photographs etc should be scanned at 600 DPI or higher. <O></O>
    <O></O>
    Contemporary photos of items in your own collection should be taken at 350 DPI or higher. Please photograph the item against a solid covered background. Please provide several views or angles as you deem appropriate. Wartime dates, manufacturer info is of special interest.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    All contributors will be required to fill out a Letter of Release and will be recognized for their support. I have utilized the Schiffer Publication release form since my hope is they will publish the books. At this time I have not offered the project to anyone and have no commitment from any publisher to publish the works.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    A Release Form in Word is shown below. If needed a PDF file will also be sent.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Release Form<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Publication Name: Ruhetag -The Day to Day Life of the German Soldier in WWII, Volume I and II. Formerly known as Cap Badges of the German Army<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Thank you for agreeing to have your objects illustrated or photographs used in an upcoming book. The agreement you make is between you and the author. In order to verify that you have agreed to this, the author has been asked to obtain the following release for the publisher, Schiffer Publishing, 4880 Lower Valley Road, Atglen, PA 19310 (610) 593-1777. (You may call to confirm this.) Please return it to the author when it is complete. His address appears below.

<O></O>
    Jim Pool
    City Washingtonville<O></O>
    State (Country) New York, USA<O></O>
    Zip (postcode) 10992<O></O>
    E Mail pzrgtgd@hotmail.com
    <O></O>
    I hereby give permission for the use and reproduction in connection with the Schiffer Publishing LTD., publication(s) listed above, by the author to publish, reproduce, display, transmit, distribute, prepare derivative works and otherwise for the published work and all related promotional materials, i.e. excerpts,articles, advertisements, etc. without further compensation. This includes possible use on the cover.<O></O>

Permission given for the following.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    -Photographs taken by me.<O></O>
    -Photographs of objects or property in my possession.<O></O>
    -Photographs taken by others to which I have rights. (include agreement from photographer who owns the copyright).<O></O>
    -Images of my creation or intellectual property.<O></O>
    -Other_____________________________________________ ___________________<O></O>
    <O></O>
    All physical materials but not limited to illustrations, print photographs, negatives and positives shall constitute my sole property. Any materials that should be returned to me upon completion of the publication(s) are clearly marked. I understand that CDs, DVDs, memory sticks, and other digital storage devices will not be returned without instruction. <O></O>
    <O></O>
    I understand that each book differs in design. Sometimes credit is given to the contributor of an item in the photo caption, and sometimes contributors are listed as a group at the beginning of the book. It is too early to tell which will be used in this book. Some people prefer not to have their names under the pictured item, and some wish to remain completely anonymous.<O></O>

Please choose one of the options below: (please check or mark with an X)<O></O>

_____ If the credit is to appear in the caption, credit me as follows (In the caption thiswill likely be preceded by Courtesy of...) (Please spell out how you wish to be credited in the book)<O></O>
    <O></O>
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________<O></O>
    <O></O>
    ______ I wish not to have my name in the photo caption, though it may be mentioned in the acknowledgments. <O></O>
    <O></O>
    ______ I wish to remain anonymous, with no mention of my cooperation in the book. <O></O>
    <O></O>
    Signed ________________________________________<O></O>
    Print Name_________________________________________Date ___________<O></O>
    <O></O>
    If you would like to participate in this project please contact me via E Mail at:
    <O></O>
    pzrgtgd@hotmail.com
    <O></O>
    Warm Regards Jim
    Last edited by djpool; 01-05-2012, 04:52 PM.

I thought I'd pull this up again since, I'm still soliciting help in the form of pictures for this latest book project. Volume I is coming along pretty good. Wartime pictures to support the text would make the book that much better.

Thank You,

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X