Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bäckerei Kompanie 215 Doc. Grouping

Hello to all,

This is a recent pick-up. It is a four award document grouping to a guy that served in Bäckerei Kompanie 215. He received the KVKII with Swords in January of 1943, and the Russian Front Medal was awarded to him in November of 1943. On April 1, 1945 he was seriously wounded. He received the Wound Badge in Silver for this first-time wounding on May 28, 1945. A few days later (June 1, 1945) he received the Wound badge in Gold for the same wounding. The German collector/dealer that I bought this from said that he obtained this grouping directly from the family of the recipient, and that the soldier had lost both of his legs. Also with these documents, I received an Ersatz-Soldbuch from 1945, and a Sonderausweis from 1941.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 06-27-2004, 10:18 PM.
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Russian Front Medal Document:
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

The Silver Wound Badge Document. This document and the Gold Wound Badge document are exceptionally nice documents for such late issue awards. (Actually issued post war.) Nice because of the eagle at the top, and the borders. These document forms were printed at the Richard Pagels Printing Shop in Lübeck. They were printed up in March of 1945.
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

The Gold Wound Badge Document:
        Attached Files
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Excellent!

Verrrrrrry nice set of documents there. Small - but quality!

Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I wonder if the 915 in the two WB docs is just a typo or one of those units raised in the dying weeks of the war which don't appear in Tessin?
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello Simon,

I do not think that the unit was typed wrong on the document. I think that as you said, this was probably some obscure, last-ditch field replacement unit that was put together in the last few, desperate weeks of the war. It probably consisted of whoever was still alive and breathing. Probably alot of soldiers who had previously held rear-echelon duties, such as this 42 year old baker.
              Best regards! Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X