Any chance a good one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance a good one

Any chance this 1 is a original? Anything you could tell me about him be appreciated also.I google him but came up with nothing.

Looks like a good original Wehrmacht Leutnant portrait to me. Is that a name on the back or just the photographers mark?

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

I think it is his name.

Comment

Hello.

I have mixed feelings about it... What is the size of the photo? UV test negative? It is so yellowed in reality or it is the effect of your photo camera?

Greetings, Rostyslav.

Comment

The photo is 5 3/4in x 4in. not exact measurement but real close. The photo is very crisp and larger then the many (sigh) tea stain photos i bought off ebay,way back.The photo has a very light tint to it,but I believe it`s from age.Sorry for poor pics,I use my cell phone camera.

Comment

Any other opinions out there?

Comment

First reaction was Also mixed feelings, but leaning more towards Period Original now! I would personally put a UV/blacklight on it and see if it glows. (I would particularly shine it on the top right corner, where the middle layer of the paper is showing).
              Another thing I always try to do is match the cut of the paper, with a known Period photo in my collection.

The size is okay, give or take a cm or 2. IMO, I thinks its alright!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X