No announcement yet.

Rare photo: Hitler in Coburg 1932 with SS Brigadeführer and Ernst Röhm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found another early photo of Dietrich and the ribbon bar seems to be in a different order than the one shown before. Does someone have an idea why?

Regards
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
      ....Perhaps it is because of the poor quality of the picture but they don't seem to match.
      They look pretty similar to me, give or take a couple of medals.
      Max.

Comment

To Oberbootsmann:

Both of the latest pix you provided are of Dietrich as he held the rank of SS-Obergruppenführer, which he didn't attain until July of 1934 -- almost two years after the jump seat photo. While I find it quite difficult to accurately identify ribbons on a bar in a black-and-white photo, may I suggest that the ribbon bar in the jump seat photo was photographed three months prior to Hitler's appointment as Chancellor of Germany and therefore prior to the advent of NSDAP and Third Reich national decorations, while the two photos of Dietrich as an Obergruppenführer could each have been taken at any time over the next few years after July of 1934, and some of the decorations he wore would undoubtedly include political and national awards won during the Third Reich. I don't see any difficulty here.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          To Oberbootsmann:

Both of the latest pix you provided are of Dietrich as he held the rank of SS-Obergruppenführer, which he didn't attain until July of 1934 -- almost two years after the jump seat photo. While I find it quite difficult to accurately identify ribbons on a bar in a black-and-white photo, may I suggest that the ribbon bar in the jump seat photo was photographed three months prior to Hitler's appointment as Chancellor of Germany and therefore prior to the advent of NSDAP and Third Reich national decorations, while the two photos of Dietrich as an Obergruppenführer could each have been taken at any time over the next few years after July of 1934, and some of the decorations he wore would undoubtedly include political and national awards won during the Third Reich. I don't see any difficulty here.

Br. James
          Thanks Br. James, max history and all the other ones. That means that the riddle had been solved and the SS Gruppenführer is Sepp Dietrich.
          It's a pity that the photo is damaged on the left corner below.

Regards

Comment

So, this is an original photo and not a postcard, or a reprint of a publicity photo?

Comment

Originally posted by doomtown View Post
              So, this is an original photo and not a postcard, or a reprint of a publicity photo?
              It's an original photo. And according to its size it can't be a postcard.
              And which photographer would make a publicity photo out of this shot, with Sepp Dietrichs face not visible and a blurry background?

Regards

Comment

Dietrich in the Film...

Smile Dietrich!

Same photographer that got him getting out of the car?

Him.jpg

Smith.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by joshlichty View Post
                  Smile Dietrich!

Same photographer that got him getting out of the car?
                  According to the huge crowd it would be a big coinsidence when it was this photographer who took "my" photo.
                  Seems to be one of the SA guys - according to the cap.

Regards
                  Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 07-22-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

According to the huge crowd it would be a big coinsidence
                    Agreed... more of a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by joshlichty View Post
                      Agreed... more of a joke!
                      Nice spotted anyway. I've watched that short movie a couple of times but never noticed the photographer.

Regards

Comment

Hello. I'd like to show this nice and rare photo of Adolf Hitler with an unknown SS Brigadeführer (I guess there weren't that much in 1932) and someone who I believe to be Ernst Röhm. Can that be confirmed? And does someone have an idea who could be the SS Brigadeführer?

The photo measures 85mm x 50mm.

The back of the phot reads:

"Hitler in Koburg Okt. 32 anlässlich der 10 jähr. Wiederkehr des Marsches auf Koburg."

"Hitler in Coburg on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the march to Coburg."

I hope you guys like it.

Regards
                        I think the inscription on the reverse of your photo must be mistaken. Notice the suit that Hitler is wearing while seated in the car. Then check out the uniform he wears in the You-Tube clip as well as this photo from IB that was taken during the 1932 election trip to Coburg for the 10th anniversary of the March.

No way is it Hitler in Coburg 1932, unless he stopped off and changed, which wouldn't be logical.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                          I think the inscription on the reverse of your photo must be mistaken. Notice the suit that Hitler is wearing while seated in the car. Then check out the uniform he wears in the You-Tube clip as well as this photo from IB that was taken during the 1932 election trip to Coburg for the 10th anniversary of the March.

No way is it Hitler in Coburg 1932, unless he stopped off and changed, which wouldn't be logical.
                          I think you are absolutely mistaken!!!

Have you ever taken into consideration that he was wearing a jacket on top of his uniform because of the temperatures in mid October? He was sitting in an open car!!!
                          But no way, that wouldn't be logical ...
                          Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 07-23-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I think you are absolutely mistaken!!!

Have you ever taken into consideration that he was wearing a jacket on top of his uniform because of the temperatures in mid October? He was sitting in an open car!!!
                            But no way, that wouldn't be logical ...
                            I agree, it looks like one of the Chauffeurs (back right) is holding a coat in his hand. Case closed?

Comment

Originally posted by doomtown View Post
                              I agree, it looks like one of the Chauffeurs (back right) is holding a coat in his hand. Case closed?
                              Case closed.

Regards

Comment

Case closed.

Regards
                                I must apologize for my comment and obvious lack of observation of the photo I myself posted. Not only is it obvious the aide is carrying his overcoat, but the close-up of the car appears to be identical to that shown in another photo I posted on the Coburg Badge thread of Hitler entering Coburg in the auto. And seeing that he would have just earlier arrived at the nearby Coburg airport as part of his campaigning trip for the 1932 elections, he most certainly would have been wearing a coat during the flight.

You have an excellent close-up photograph of Hitler in Coburg on October 16, 1932 after his arrival by airplane.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X