Volksstrum poster question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volksstrum poster question

I picked this up the other day. The guy has a picker in Germany who says this came out of an old bank in Berlin. I also know these are everywhere as fakes. This one has been folded and is damaged -- also looks fragile (I haven't taken it out of the frame the guy put it in. I have heard you can run a black light over old paper and like cloth new stock will glow. I don't know if this is true. Anyway to know if its old? Also, is the value shot by condition even if real or are these rare enough to be sellable in this condition?
    Attached Files

Some new paper will glow but some will not and old paper is still out there, fakers know this. I think comparison with a known original might be your only hope in authenticating this with any certainty. If it is real I know people would be eager to buy it, I would love to have something like this, in any condition.

Comment

Thanks -- Thats going to be hard though as I don't know anyone who has one. My gut says its right as the other items this guy brought back from Germany were good honest pieces (mostly estate photos) However you never know -- this one looks pretty good but as I said is damaged somewhat. If real, the poster needs to be behind some good archival glass.

Comment

Don't know if real or not, but that is a VERY COOl design. Thanks for showing!

Comment

Yeah I agree -- Would make for a very cool backdrop of a Volkssturm display.

Dennis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X