Christmas Eve Antique store find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Eve Antique store find

Well, I wasn't really sure wher to exactly post these and posted this the other day on the US forum here and decided to copy and post them here as well. My son and I were on our way home from my parents(going back later tonight) and we decided to stop at an antique store near by (which never really had anything but it was something to do) and next thing I see is all these Autographs on the wall, well I had to get these two. The first is an autograph from Gen. Hsu Yung-Chang with a signed picture of himself framed, it's dated 26 March 1946 and on his military letterhead, he signed the surrender document for China aboard the USS Missouri. The second is an autograph from Sir Traffod Leigh-Mallory dated 14 March 1944, he died not to long after this in a plane crash in the French Alps. Enjoy!

Fritz
    Attached Files

Air Marshall Trafford Leigh-Mallory
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fritz,

Congratulations with a nice catch on a walk home on Christmas eve.

Great items.

Thanks for showing.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Thanks Eric!

Fritz

Comment

Great find Fritz.

The other signature in post #2 is of James Leathart who was Commander of 54 Squadron during the "Battle of Britain".

Later in the war he was the personal Staff Officer and pilot to Leigh-Mallory.

Here is his bio. from the book "Men of the Battle of Britain" by Kenneth G Wynn.

Regards,Martin.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin W View Post
            Great find Fritz.

The other signature in post #2 is of James Leathart who was Commander of 54 Squadron during the "Battle of Britain".

Here is his bio. from the book "Men of the Battle of Britain" by Kenneth G Wynn.

Regards,Martin.
            Thanks Martin! Does anyone know what a C. G. Mannerheim signature dated 1942 would be valued at? It's on his letter head. The guy I got these from also has his signature but I wasn't sure about the price so I held off on that one.

Fritz
            Last edited by Fritziii; 12-27-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Well, I stopped back today and ended up buying the Mannerheim signature, pretty nice piece and dated 1942.

Fritz
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin W View Post
                Great find Fritz.

Regards,Martin.
                Martin, it just sank in what this pilot did, holy cow! That man saw some action.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X