Original LSSAH-group??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original LSSAH-group??

Hi, would be happy to get some help from you experienced guys. Can you tell if these docs looks okey?

Kind regards
    Göran
    Attached Files

Lssah

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Lssah
      Attached Files

Comment

IMHO OK

Comment

I agree.... Looks good from the scans you have posted.

Rob

Comment

Lssah

Thanks Kuratorium and Rob!!
            I really appreciate your assessment

//Göran

Comment

Nice original Grouping

Andy

Comment

I just checked the 28.2.1943 entry in the Kriegstagebuch of the AA LAH and I suppose we're talking about Hans Doege, Hans Nieder or Hans Varos. They are the members of 1./AA LAH with first name Hans who were awarded the EK2 on that day. Hans Völker was also awarded the EK2 that day but he was SS-Rottenführer at that time. Which makes me wonder: why is the person in your documents an SS-Rottenführer on August 22, 1942 (Ostmedaille) and an SS-Sturmmann six months later on February 28, 1943 (EK2)? According to his Soldbuch he bacame an SS-Rottenführer in April 1944. Is the Ostmedaille document backdated? I cannot make out the signature on that document, can you post a bigger scan of that autograph?
                Last edited by Ruimteaapje; 03-09-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

IMHO the Ostmedaille citation was issued additionaly, in 1944 via SS-FHA (note the round stamp) - at that time was Hans already SS-Rttf.
                  Not uncommon practice.

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
                    IMHO the Ostmedaille citation was issued additionaly, in 1944 via SS-FHA (note the round stamp) - at that time was Hans already SS-Rttf.
                    Not uncommon practice.
                    Okay, in that case it is either Hans Doege, Nieder or Varos. Still very curious about the signature in that April 1944 Soldbuch entry. SS-Untersturmführer und Kompanieführer. Manfred Coblenz was Kompanieführer but was hospitalized in February 1944. A veteran told me:

"In Wolotschisk ist Coblenz mit Gelbsucht ins Lazarett gekommen. Wer Coblenz als Kompanieführer abgelöst hat ist mit nicht bekannt."

Coblenz returned in May 1944 and by that time the 1./AA LAH had no officers. So this signature could solve a question for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruimteaapje View Post
                      Still very curious about the signature in that April 1944 Soldbuch entry. SS-Untersturmführer und Kompanieführer.
                      The April 44 entry was signed by SS-Ustuf. Franz Scheller from SS-Führungshauptamt, he had also signed the Ostmedaille citation.

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
                        The April 44 entry was signed by SS-Ustuf. Franz Scheller from SS-Führungshauptamt, he had also signed the Ostmedaille citation.
                        Thanks, does it make sense that someone from the SS-Führungshauptamt signs as Kompanieführer?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X