FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building Identification / Location Assistance Required...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Identification / Location Assistance Required...

Would anyone be able to positively identify this building (Ansbach is in Bavaria) and / or know if this building still exists today ???

*** There looks to be a building of the exact same design behind this one also...possibly a barracks complex or ???

Many Thankx...

"Hundestaffel"
    Attached Files

By the looks of those gate posts, some of the panzer drivers weren't very skilled.

Comment

I'm currently stationed in Ansbach, and I don't recognize that building. Could it be that the photo was from an Ansbach photo house, but the location was not Ansbach? If it was indeed Ansbach, these must be buildings of the Hindenburg Kaserne that was located near the center of town. Only one of the large Hindenburg kaserne buildings still exists, and it doesn't look like this one. The other Ansbach kaserne - Bleidorn, Katterback, Bismarck, Ludwigshoehe - didn't/don't have 4-story barracks buildings like these.

I will print your pic and carry around with me, in case I might happen upon this building.

Comment

Geoff:

Many thankx for your effort in regards to my request - hopefully the building / complex in question will evenutally be positively identified...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

I checked the remaining buildings of the old Hindenburg Kaserne yesterday, just to be sure, and the building in the photo is not one of them. So if it was an Ansbach kaserne building, it's gone now ...

Comment

Thankx Geoff...

Hopefully a positive ID can be made at some point...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Try here, something might show up.......

http://www.thirdreichruins.com/wehrmacht_posts.htm

Comment

You might also trying posting your picture here, and ask the same question.
                http://theafrctimeline.shutterfly.com/
                A lot of people are there who spent years in Germany with the U.S. Army recreation centers.... some of them know the kasernes inside and out and might recognize it.

Comment

Do you have a detail shot of the signs above the car? Is that a street sign?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X