No announcement yet.

Post Your Favorite Item of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My personal favourite item of 2011, a photo album from Reserve Polizei Battalion 102 (which became SS Polizei Rgt 16), part of Kampfgruppe Jeckeln involved in the Siege of Leningrad :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=489390

Through WAF I was later able to pick up some different photos of the same man on leave with his family.

Definitely the collecting favourite of 2011 for me. Also a Polizei soldbuch from Pol Btl 101.
    Last edited by Mil-Archive; 12-22-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      For sure my best paper item(s) I found this year:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=559590
      BDM stuff is not really my area, but 'Wow' what a fantastic group!

Best,
      John

Comment

One of my favorite pick ups was this portrait of a member of "Sonderkommando Mausi".

These were Luftwaffe Crews engaged in Minesweeping operations,flying Ju 52's and therefore eligible for the KM Minesweeper badge.

This guy is wearing a horizontal pin Deumer Minesweeper award along with his Observer award.

Regards,Martin.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Martin W; 12-26-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Nice photo! Items to Minensuchgruppe are fairly rare so nice to see.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Martin W View Post
          One of my favorite pick ups was this portrait of a member of "Sonderkommando Mausi".

These were Luftwaffe Crews engaged in Minesweeping operations,flying Ju 52's and therefore eligible for the KM Minesweeper badge.

This guy is wearing a horizontal pin Deumer Minesweeper award along with his Observer award.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Thanks Jeremy.

I collect images of Kreigsmarine awards in wear so to find this photo of the Minesweeper badge on the Luftwaffe uniform was a real treat for me.

As you say,they are rare and i have only seen a few of these "Mausi" images.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Just a couple of posters for me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Some items from me too!

Signed and dedicated photo of Christian Tychsen.(before and after framing).

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                  Some items from me too!

Signed and dedicated photo of Christian Tychsen.(before and after framing).
                  Now that is a just a sweet photo...Congrats!

John

Comment

By far, my most favorite acquisition this year is this great-content doc signed by Rommel. Other items already posted are fantastic! I love viewing them! It's like a slide of show of collectible goodies! Happy 2012 !!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by JKDelCollo; 12-28-2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: Wrong Pics

Comment

Hello, this is my favorite photo. It´s inside a album from a GJ in Finland.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X