Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Großdeutschland Related Signatures ID Request

Hello all,
    Probably a long shot but I was wondering if anyone can identify the signatures of these GD officers - all Bataillion, Kompanie &/or Batterie commanders - that I have in various pieces of GD related paperwork.
    The date & relevant unit is included on each scan or mentioned, as is any amplifying information.
    Thanks for any assistance.

Image #1
    - Btl Kdr I./Pz.Gren.Rgt GD in December 1944 and was also the Kp Führer of 6(M.G.) Ausb.Komp.Gren.Ers.Rgt (mot.) GD in February 1944.

Image #2 - 12./Pz.Gren.Rgt GD (possibly 13 Kompanie but most probably 12 Kp) Sept 1944.
    Attached Files

Image #3 - 20.(Fla.Kp)/Infanterie Rgt GD November 1940 (or 1941).

Image #4 - 5 Batterie Heeres Flak Art.Abt GD in February 1943.
    Attached Files

Comment

Image #5 - 4./Füs.Rgt GD in December 1942.

Image #6 - 13./Inf.Rgt GD in October (and to December at least) 1939.
      Attached Files

Comment

Image #7 - 8./Füs.Rgt GD in December 1942 (and to at least February 1943).

Image #8 - 3./Pz.Gren.Rgt GD in December 1944
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi there... Not much time to search in my GD-Documentation, but some of there seems directly readable without real Problems : Frhr. (Freiherr) v. Wesenhausen - Blinken - Ruddersberg - Weidemann - Schmitt.... or something very close to these Names. I don't know it it helps you, perhaps it open further possibilities for you to search...

Comment

And finally...

Image #9 - 12./Pz.Gren.Rgt GD in October/November 1944.

Image #10 - Regiment Adjutant in Panzer Rgt GD in August 1943.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
              Hi there... Not much time to search in my GD-Documentation, but some of there seems directly readable without real Problems : Frhr. (Freiherr) v. Wesenhausen - Blinken - Ruddersberg - Weidemann - Schmitt.... or something very close to these Names. I don't know it it helps you, perhaps it open further possibilities for you to search...
              Definitely a good start, much appreciated.

Comment

Well you know.... no time but like always... when interesting Questions are given, I spring with Pleasure in my Books.

Ruddersberg was wrong.... it is Hptm Karl RUPPERSBERG, Ehrenblattspange 7.2.44, Heeres-Flak-Art.Abt."G.D."

Comment

Well you know.... no time but like always... when interesting Questions are given, I spring with Pleasure in my Books.

Ruddersberg was wrong.... it is Hptm Karl RUPPERSBERG, Ehrenblattspange 7.2.44, Heeres-Flak-Art.Abt."G.D."
                  That is a nice bonus - and there was me looking at it starting with 'N'!!

Comment

Frhr von Wesenhausen, my first Feeling, must be wrong because this name don't exist in the "Anschriftenbuch der Deutschen Adelsgenossenschaft" 1940...
                    From the 8./F.R.GD, something like "Grothmann".... "G...mann" is sure.... Now I am obliged to stop, but I will come back later to your Thread, sure that meanwhile a bunch of Names will be discovered.

Comment

Frhr von Wesenhausen, my first Feeling, must be wrong because this name don't exist in the "Anschriftenbuch der Deutschen Adelsgenossenschaft" 1940...
                      From the 8./F.R.GD, something like "Grothmann".... "G...mann" is sure.... Now I am obliged to stop, but I will come back later to your Thread, sure that meanwhile a bunch of Names will be discovered.
                      Thanks for the help.

Comment

Since posting ths originally I have been able to identify signatures # 1 & 3: Number 1 is Hauptmann Brinken:
                        February 1944 - Kompaniechef 6 (MG) Ausb.Komp. Grenadier Ers.Rgt (mot.) GD
                        March 1944 - Kompaniechef 3./1029 Gren.Rgt GD
                        Sept/October 1944 - Kdr III/Grenadier Rgt GD
                        December 1944 - Btl-Fhr of I/Grenadier Rgt GD

While Number 3 is Hauptmann Weidemann who was the first Kompaniechef of 20(Flak)/IR GD from approx November 1940.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X