S. Stadler Award Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S. Stadler Award Document

I got a mixed lot of military books and paper today at an estate auction. In it was this document award for the RK to Sylvester Stadler and a signed picture. To me the document looks proper but I'm no paper expert. The photo looks post war as it is dot matrix (unles they used that process earlier than I thought) with what looks like a real signature. I know Stadler lived until at the 1980's so maybe the photo was signed later than WW2. Opinions and information on both would be appreciated,thanks!
    Attached Files

closeup
    Attached Files

Comment

next
      Attached Files

Comment

stamp
        Attached Files

Comment

autograph
          Attached Files

Comment

The document as a very poor fake. Wrong stamp, signature, unit, even the printed document is wrong.

What's more we can say that the faker was almost certainly a native english speaker as the moron didn't even take the trouble to find out that battalion in German doesn't have 2 T's
            Last edited by Simon O.; 12-07-2011, 02:40 PM.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon is correct!

Comment

thanks for the info, it didn't cost anything anyway! What about the picture, could it be a real autograph?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X