Himmler Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler Pictures

Hello these two very beautiful pictures I got from a old lady, it shows Himmler visited the fire-fighting police, such images are rare, or are there gives Himmler pictures often ? Thanks for help! I would also like to make it again
    Attached Files

The police general in the bottom right pic with Himmler is Kurt Daluege.

The SS officer in the leather overcoat off to the right in that pic is Joachim Peiper, then Himmler's adjutant.

Are there markings on the back identifying the Po men as Feuerschutzpolizei?
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

the SA mann has a dagger, the one in front of him has a large emblem on his hat?

Comment

Thanks for this interessting Answer
        here is the backsite!

From the lady I got pushed into the hands of these two photos, they had an entire photo album filled with pictures of the police and there was under way on a group photo to commemorate the Fire Battalion.The album had to keep her
        Attached Files

Comment

These were apparently reproduced back then for albums and such. I have a similar set included with an album on the FSP Rgt. 1. The bottom photo in post #1 shows from the right, Obst. Hans Rumpf (commander), GenMaj. Dr. Ing. Johannes Meyer (GenInspekd. d. Feuerloschwesens), Himmler, GenLt. Adolf v. Bomhard (Chef.d. KomAmt. HAOP) and finally Daluege. You will find some additional comments on these photos and the persons on Axis Forum (search Johannes Meyer).

Comment

Hi, thanks for your information, but the two photos are still private recordings? Private photo manufacturers. I got these two photos from a private photo album. from an older lady! Can you send me the link to the Axis Forum!

Thanks a lot

Comment

Mine came in a private photo album also. Here is a link to the info on Johannes Meyer. Notice in one of the photo collages, an example of the bottom photo in #1.

Comment

I've seen the photo collage that's right that one photo is available! But still I think that it is a private shots! No purchase recordings!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                  Here is a link to the info on Johannes Meyer.

I can't see a link.
                  Max.

Comment

Mine came in a private photo album also. Here is a link to the info on Johannes Meyer. Notice in one of the photo collages, an example of the bottom photo in #1.
                    Max, I thought for sure I had posted this link. http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...7&hilit=+meyer

Rschumann mentions the photo collage that Dieter posted in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rschumann View Post
                      I've seen the photo collage that's right that one photo is available! But still I think that it is a private shots! No purchase recordings!
                      Maybe the photos are private shots, but I have exactly the same prints that you do including the writing on the reverse. And I have two additional photos of Himmler with Daluege and three photos together of the entire regimental formation from an elevated location. The photos were taken on April 12, 190 during an inspection of FSP Rgt. Sachsen/ FSP Rgt 1.

Interesting though, my album includes standard small format photos of the Himmler visit, as well as other of the regiment in action. The photos of the entire regiment were printed in the Ordnungspolizei magazine with a credit to the official ORPO photo department. So perhaps the photos were available to supplement private albums.

Discussion of the Himmler visit as well as some of these photos can be found in Feodrowitz's German Firefighting Vehicles of World War II.

Comment

The photos were taken on April 12, 190 during an inspection of FSP Rgt. Sachsen/ FSP Rgt 1.
                        Typo in your explanation. What year was that?

Comment

Originally posted by randy@treadways View Post
                          Typo in your explanation. What year was that?
                          Sorry about that. The year was 1940.

Comment

i was interested to see the first of these photos here as it currently resides in my collection.

examining the writing on the back and other small markings, i guess this photograph found its way to me at some point.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X