What Is This Uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is This Uniform?

(Ebay pic) I have no clue if this is just dress-up, or this is some sort of bizarre authorized (or unauthorized) uniform combo. He is an old-timer, obviously a WWI vet. Tunic on right appears to be navy-blue, but in an M-36 cut. Hat appears to be navy blue as well, but with LW insignia. LW tabs appear to be for Flak(?) Anyone recognize the sleeve insignia in the pic on the left?

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
    (Ebay pic) I have no clue if this is just dress-up, or this is some sort of bizarre authorized (or unauthorized) uniform combo. He is an old-timer, obviously a WWI vet. Tunic on right appears to be navy-blue, but in an M-36 cut. Hat appears to be navy blue as well, but with LW insignia. LW tabs appear to be for Flak(?) Anyone recognize the sleeve insignia in the pic on the left?

Any ideas?
    The rank on the collars of the two tunics appears to be different. Also, I noticed that it looks like he's wearing a plaid tie in the picture on the right.

Comment

He is wearing a Naval dagger which might explain the Navy Blue appearence of the double breasted jacket (which also seems to have KM buttons). Perhaps some KM/Luft. cooperative organization (ie. Air-Sea Rescue, Naval Air Recon)??

Comment

When I first read the question I thought; "stonemint" will know this for certain...then I noticed who initiated the thread.

Comment

What is the top pocket medal???? Also looks like a Group emblem worn on the sleeve or a ???? also have a look at the chest eagle, looks like a round medallion where the swastika should be???
          Is there a date on the back of the photo? could it be taken postwar?
          This is a real stumper!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
            When I first read the question I thought; "stonemint" will know this for certain...then I noticed who initiated the thread.

--yes, stonemint is stumped!
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

His KM dagger is reversed inside the scabbard in the pic on the right. Also, he has just attached the dagger straps to the button on his pocket.

Both pics look to be taken at the same time, but you guys are correct, different rank tabs.

Really bizarre.....
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X