Third Reich published German books in foreign languages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Reich published German books in foreign languages

I thought it might be interesting to see what German books you guys out there might have that were published in foreign languages. I am sure that there will be quite a few. I'll make a start with a couple that I have in stock at the moment. Look forward to seeing your's. Cheers, Torsten.

First up is a French language version of Mein Kampf from 1934.
    Attached Files

The house that Hitler built by an English author, but in Swedish language from 1938
    Attached Files

Comment

Die Gruppe Boesemueller in Hungarian language
      Attached Files

Comment

book by Hermann Rauschning about the Hitler government in French language from 1939
        Attached Files

Comment

A War of Delusions from 1942. This book is a mix of English, German and French, but mostly contains English.
          Attached Files

Comment

Helden der Wueste from 1943 in French language.
            Attached Files

Comment

Signal and Der Adler published editions in English and many other languages.

There's the White Paper concerning the Polish Atrocities against the German minority published in English.

There are several 1936 Olympic German publications that have English translations.

There is a book published by the Munich City government with a foreword by Fiehler, the mayor that has an English translation.

These are just a few that occur to me off the top of my head.

Cheers,

Ramon

Comment

Thank you Ramon. I am also aware of other German books published in foreign languages, however, I do not have them in my stores and cannot show pics. Would you be able to show some pics of these books, but not of the magazines please, as I think that foreign language German magazines and newspaper deserve to have their own thread .... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

very interesting stuff guys.
                  did the Germans ever publish material in Irish ?

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post

Ian
                    Hi Ian, no idea but would be interested to know ... I work over in Ireland every other week and will ask some of my irish gaelic speaking friends and colleagues if they know of anything like that ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post

Ian
                      Good question!
                      Why not? Ireland had, if I remember two distinct indigenous fascist organizations...and the Emerald isle could have been seen as a bit strategic perhaps logistically,
                      and "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" surely was never so applicable.
                      But, I have seen nor heard of such literature.

Comment

This is a French book from 1930, titled Hitler ou Le Guerrier Dechaine. I do not speak any French at all and I am not sure if this book is an original German book translated into French or if it is an original French book and I am also not sure if it pro or anti Hitler or if it is politically neutral? Anyone out there know? Cheers, Torsten.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                          This is a French book from 1930, titled Hitler ou Le Guerrier Dechaine. I do not speak any French at all and I am not sure if this book is an original German book translated into French or if it is an original French book and I am also not sure if it pro or anti Hitler or if it is politically neutral? Anyone out there know? Cheers, Torsten.
                          more sample pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                            reading sample
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think I actually just found the answer myself. The man was jewish Austrian with French citizenship and the book is an original French publication. I would guess that it is anti-Hitler.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedri...h_(Komparatist)

Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X