MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOP Portrait Generalmajor 1944 : Help please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOP Portrait Generalmajor 1944 : Help please !

Hi Guys. This nice portrait has been in my Collection for Years. Anybody able to identify this General ?? (Written on the Back "Ein liebes Gedanken von deinen Onkel Hanns". "Hanns" in German often the abbreviation from "Johannes". Another Hand wrote "General ab 1.April 1944". Thanks for your Help !</P>

It's a Generalmajor (when photo was taken).

Pardon Lionel j'avais pas vu le titre !

Comment

Acording to ''Rangliste des Heeres 1944/45'' there were three oficers with name Hans or Johannes promoted to rank Generalmajor on n 1.4.44' :

- Hans Ziegesar , have pic of him and does not fit,
      - Hans Stenglein, have a pic in Panzer uniform - possible match,
      - Hans Bruckmann, have pic of him and does not fit;

Any other opinions?

Cheers,
      Lado

Comment

It's (Dipl.Ing.) Hans Stenglein.

Cheers
        Elwyn

Comment

Elwyn and Ladislav !! My deepest Thanks for your kind assistance in this Matter !! I have search all Hans ยง Johannes from Wolf Keilig's Book this morning and only 4 possibles Matches : Bruckmann - De Niem - Stenglein - von Ziegesar !! And now I have the Answer ! THANKS !! Ladislav, you are right, he led Pz.Rgt.29 from 10.40 to 7.41... Then he stayed in Norwegen until end of the War.... No important Awards. Would you accept to share your Picture that we can compare ?? Or sent it MP ? Once again, thanks for your Efforts !!

Comment

http://www.specialcamp11.co.uk/Gener...0Stenglein.htm

Gerdan

Comment

Besten Dank Gerdan ! It matches, no doubt.... Great Site, another Discovery for me today ! Thanks !

Comment

Hi.

My foto is the same as from web site http://www.specialcamp11.co.uk/Gener...0Stenglein.htm but in larger format.
                I noticed that have the same foto as on the first post but I wasn't 100% shure that it is Stenglein and I named it as unidenfied Generalmajor.

Cheers, Lado

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X