Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information please TDB book-TDB document Emilie Caldwell Stewart

Hi guys,

Please give me informations about this SS TDB document. I found this image the German Military Award Documents book by Emilie Caldwell Stewart.
    I heard now that it's a well known fake document, but a few many collectors believed some years ago that it's an original style SS TDB document.

Please write me yours opinions!

Thanks in advance!

All the Best,
    Gabor
    Attached Files

No expert...but

Hello guys, Well I'm no expert on documents as such, but I saw this document type at a German vet's home in the early 1980's. It was his award and dated the same year as this one. I know paper is very easy to fake, so I would like more info on the origin of this one. Tom

Comment

Same Document

Hi Again, After checking my files, this VERY same doc. appears in my book Tank Killers. The photo was loaned for use in the book by a German collector. However I don't anything about it's history. The other I mentioned in my first post was awarded to a Vet named Rolf Essmann (1921 - 2003) and I would think it is still in the hands of his family. I'll try to contact the collector who loaned us the photo to see if he can help ID its history. Tom

Comment

I had one, but it turned out to be a horrid fake. One of my "learning" experiences. (Be very careful with framed urkunden that sellers "aren't sure what it is". Cheap fotocopy: 1 euro. Old picture frame from fleamarket: 2 euro. Boning me out of 70 euro plus postage: priceless)

Can't condemn the one shown here from my experience, but it'd be interesting to see a real one of this design.

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

An other version:

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...t:429,r:9,s:22

Gerdan

Comment

Here's the link to mine: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42949

It has long since gone through the shredder. It was glued to the cardboard stock in the frame behind it, and a more careful examination did determine it to be "poop".

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Hank, your TDB doc. is very nice!

Thanks for the infos!

Best,
              Gabor

Comment

Originally posted by Gabenn View Post
                Hank, your TDB doc. is very nice!

Thanks for the infos!

Best,
                Gabor
                Um, no it wasn't. It was fake, and I put it through the shredder.

Hank

Comment

Ohh, I understood it. So, maybe this style docs are all fakes and nobody had seen such before in original.

Best,
                  Gabor

Originally posted by Hankmeister View Post
                  Um, no it wasn't. It was fake, and I put it through the shredder.

Hank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X