Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arbeitsbuch Job Statistics

Hi all,

Just wondering about the number of jobs a person may have held during the period when 3rd Reich Arbeitsbucher were issued.
    I have several of these (haven't we all) and of both types issued during the period.
    However, I have mainly found that most Arbeitsbuch have very few entries - maybe three or four seems tp be about the average; while some have only one occupation listed.
    However, I have one "1st type" book issued to a man in the Berlin Mitte area where he has worked in nineteen jobs over the space of a few years!
    He seems to have switched between several factories mostly for a few weeks at a time, before going into the Army.
    Has anyone got an Arbeitsbuch with more job entries? someone here must have!

Best regards,

John

Hi John,

I will need to dig around but I have a couple that are virtually full with jobs! However, one or two are postwar entries.

Not that I really go for these documents I do find them interesting when they come as part of a group to the same man. One that came recently as part of a group records RAD service and Military service, something that I do not recall seeing before.

Also, I have one with a photo....foreign Arbeitsbücher I seem to remember had photos but this one was to a German lady.....on the forum somewhere so will did the photo out....then look for others.

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi Ian,

I have one Arbeitsbuch which is a complete record of a man from 1942 through to 1965!
      Actually, I found this book quite creepy; why would a person who had gone through the Nazi regime complete such a book until he a had retired?
      All entries after 1945 are filled in (mostly) with biro pen, a weird thing in my estimation.
      Very unusual - or am I mistaken?

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

mmm

Perhaps the owner of the book did not realise that the war was over?

No one told him that Hitler was dead....that explains it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X