Inept fake of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inept fake of the day

We all know that some decorations were backdated but being awarded a decoration four months before it was instituted and two months before the the operation it was apparently awarded for.

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...gsabzeichen%22
    Attached Files
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Hello Simon,

I guess that is why it is listed as a "private sale" and has "no guarantee." The destroyer silhouette is way too dark as well.

This one is a fake too, in my opinion:

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Any idea who this F.d.Z. is supposed to be?
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

For the date on the citation the F.d.Z was Erich Bey and that is most definitely not his signature. Friedrich Bonte held that position from when the command was set up in October 1939 until he was killed at Narvik and Alfred Schemmel held the post for a month prior to Bey who took over on 10th May 1940.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
          For the date on the citation the F.d.Z was Erich Bey and that is most definitely not his signature. Friedrich Bonte held that position from when the command was set up in October 1939 until he was killed at Narvik and Alfred Schemmel held the post for a month prior to Bey who took over on 10th May 1940.
          Yes, exactly! This appears to be some imaginary F.d.Z. To me the signature reads "Marschall." Maybe this is supposed to be Admiral Wilhelm Marschall's signature and he got busted down to Kapitän zur See as he always wanted to be F.d.Z., so that he could sign these documents.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
            We all know that some decorations were backdated but being awarded a decoration four months before it was instituted and two months before the the operation it was apparently awarded for.

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...gsabzeichen%22
            Reminds me of a Minensuch urkunde dated before the war began...doesn't get more bad than that.

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hankmeister View Post
              Reminds me of a Minensuch urkunde dated before the war began...doesn't get more bad than that.

Hank
              At the June OVMS Show in Wilmington, I saw a 1939 EK2 document that was dated May of 1939.

Best regards,
              Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X