Adolf Hitler Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler Poster

I was given this poster, and would like some advice as to its' possible authenticity or not.

It is a clay paper(glossy) that is very thin . it is about 35X25 .

It has printed on it : 1943 Erwin Skacel Verlagsbuchandlung Berlin.

I know glossy paper may be a sign of a fake...and would like to have other;s advice --good or bad.
    thanks,
    Michael
    Attached Files

ah poster backing

the back
    Attached Files

Comment

publisher printer info

publisher/ verlag
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, I know this is a boring poster and I dont contribute much in this paper forum...
        but someone must have an idea.

Comment

I have collected a few period SS and other posters and I would definitely steer clear of any that had a glossy sheen appearance to the paper.

From the sheen given off on the back when you have it curled over, I would be confident in saying that it is a post 45' print.

Does it have the same sheen/gloss to the front of the poster?

Comment

Michael - have you tried black lighting it to see if it glows?

I'm pretty well with Max here on the glossy paper part. That is not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
              I have collected a few period SS and other posters and I would definitely steer clear of any that had a glossy sheen appearance to the paper.

From the sheen given off on the back when you have it curled over, I would be confident in saying that it is a post 45' print.

Does it have the same sheen/gloss to the front of the poster?
              Max,
              there is much less sheen on the front, but I have little illusions about this poster. Just wanted to check before banishing it forever.

thanks,
              MF

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                Michael - have you tried black lighting it to see if it glows?

I'm pretty well with Max here on the glossy paper part. That is not a good sign.
                Hello Tony,
                Yes, I did tear it out of its frame and use my black light and it does not glow. But still that glossy sheen on back really gives it little hope .
                I hate that we cant trust black lights like we used to .
                No silver bullets.
                Unless someone can jump in and explain how it could be a good authentic piece, I cant stand to have it around. Even though it was free.

Perhaps a better question would be in general:
                Is there ever a authentic TR poster with a glossy sheen front or back? I am guessing not.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                  Hello Tony,
                  Yes, I did tear it out of its frame and use my black light and it does not glow. But still that glossy sheen on back really gives it little hope .
                  No silver bullets.
                  Unless someone can jump in and explain how it could be a good authentic piece, I cant stand to have it around. Even though it was free.

Is there ever a authentic TR poster with a glossy sheen front or back? I am guessing not.
                  The SS poster with the red section at the bottom was done on a glossy paper. It's the only one I've ever seen like that.

In the period photo you can see the flash reflecting back off it's glossy surface.

Comment

The only possible reason for the sheen that I can think of is maybe a dried glue substance if it was to be pasted to a wall or something, having said that these were not like stamps that came with an adhesive already applied to the back - so what I have just said could pretty much be dicounted...

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                    Hello Tony,
                    No silver bullets.

Comment

Good point, although I dont know if I would consider it glossy, my one is definitely on period (non-gloss) paper... Although I have found that large sections of flat printed colour - i.e. black on the Wallonie Poster, or the orange of this poster do in some cases reflect a flash from a camera which then gives the appearance that it is glossy when it clearly is not...

I think the Hitler poster showing clear sheen to it in even dull light is pretty telling.

The SS poster with the red section at the bottom was done on a glossy paper. It's the only one I've ever seen like that.

In the period photo you can see the flash reflecting back off it's glossy surface.

Comment

Changing the subject from my annoying poster...imagine any of us letting those posters in Tonys photo being slightly rumpled and folded in such a casual jumble

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X