Signature ID Request - Festung Brest Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature ID Request - Festung Brest Related

I have a Soldbuch and a couple of citations to a soldier who was eventually in Festung Brest and I was wondering if anyone can identify these two signatures please - one from the mid-war years and one from within the Festung.

The first one is for the Kommandeur of Festungs-Nachrichten-Stab 20. Whoever he was, he was a Major in July 1942 and was promoted to Oberstleutnant by September 1942.

The second one is an Oberstleutnant and Kommandeur of Festung-Nachrichten Kdt Brest and looks like 'Stenzel'. There is an Oberst Stenzel of Nachrichten-Abt-1 in the 1944/45 Rangeliste but I am not sure if this could be the same one with a subsequent promotion. Either way, would anyone be able to provide a forename?
    Attached Files

'Stenzel'...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      The first one is for the Kommandeur of Festungs-Nachrichten-Stab 20. Whoever he was, he was a Major in July 1942 and was promoted to Oberstleutnant by September 1942.
      Hi Kevin,

First one is Major/Oberstleutnant Carl Bolle, Kdr. Festungs-Nachrichten-Stab 20 from 20.09.40 (Source: Wegmann & Zweng: Dienststellen, Kommandobehörden und truppenteile des Heeres, Band 2, 11-30].

The second one definitely says "Stenzel".

Jason

Comment

Many thanks for that Jason.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X