Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23rd Panzer Div. document

Hello,
    I thought to post this award document here too, as I posted it up with the badge it came with, over on the Heer badges forum, and thanks to Tom (tyanacek) I found out the following information;

The GWL is definitely a hard one to find. The document is signed by Generalmajor Erwin Mack as Commander of the 23. Panzer Division. He only had command of the division for about a month and was killed in action on August 26, 1942, by a Soviet mortar barrage at Nowo Poltawskoje. As nice and scarce that this Panzer Badge is, the document is so much scarcer. Best regards,Tom

Thanks Tom

Kind regards John
    Attached Files

That's a nice doc, though the PAB in bronze award doc is far from rare. If you mean because Mack signed it during his short time as divisional commander then fair enough, but he's unknown pretty much and was 'only' awarded a DKiG posthumously.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon, yes I think thats what Tom meant with the info he gave me. I know that type of doc. is far from rare.

cheers John

Comment

Hi there. Another one, E.K.1 Award Document for the Oblt A. Zorell (Awarded D.K.G.). Erwin Mack was not officially commander of the Division, but probably only "Replacement" for Gen.lt v. Boineburg-Lengsfeld which leaded the Unit from 25.9.41 to 26.12.42, that the Reason why yours and mine have both the Mention "M.d.F.d.Div. beauftragt" (in charge of). The Signature from Mack on 23rd P.D. Awards Documents is not very common. Also note that both Stamps with thin Letters heve probably been made with the same Stamp-pad. Nice piece, congrats ! </P></P>

Comment

Another great piece of info. Thanks!
          Can I ask exactly what the abreviation, m.d.F.b. is in German?
          Also, I noticed my example is m.d.F.b. and on yours it is m.d.F.d. ??
          r John

Comment

Hi John ! "Mit der Führung Beauftragt" or "Mir der Führung der Division beauftragt". It's the same Meaning. Aufrag = Mission. That's to say - translate in french is clear, in English well.... - he received the mission to lead the Division, probably for a time given. If he would have been confirmed to this leading position, this Mentions would have no more to be written on the Documents. I hope you understand what I mean. Regards. L.

Comment

Hi "L"
              Thanks for the information/ translation. Very interesting facts.

r John

Comment

mit der Führung beauftragt (m.d.F.b.) = temporarily charged with leadership. These temporary tenures often became permanent.

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X