No announcement yet.

A Few Odd Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good information. It still seems unusual from photos I've seen but I bow to greater knowedge.

Regards,
    Chris.

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a DKiG placed below or slightly below the right breast pocket. This can be seen in quite a lot of war time pics. I believe someone on this forum told me once that according to regulations it was even supposed to be placed below the center point of the right pocket. I am not sure if that is true but in any case off center/mid point placement is fine. I even have seen a war time pic that displays it above the pocket!

Wearing it in cloth or metal is the wearers choice. Needless to say in cloth is more practical as it is a lot lighter to wear and this way the metal one (which is a lot more expensive than the cloth one - even today) would not get damaged so easily. So the choice would usually have been a cloth one on the field tunic and the metal one on the walking out tunic. Then again DKiG in metal were also worn in the field (an observation also based on war time pics).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X