WB doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WB doc

What do you think of this award doc? A good one? At the moment I only have this photo:

Thanks.

A close up of the stamp would help but so far it looks ok.

Comment

Yes looks okay from a distance... He appears to have been wounded in Italy!

Comment

Thanks guys! I bought the set and I made some good pics of it. I know good pics are useful, but the seller hadn't good photo's from it.

I think the set is ok. It looks good, old.

@ Bsmith56: Why do you think he have been wounded in Italy? The date and bataljon?

The negative:

And the wound badge himself:

What do you think?

The seller also had a EKII award + doc from the same man. But I can't see from the photo's the cross is original.

Comment

Yes, Füsilier-Bataillon 305 was a part of the 305. Infanterie-Division which was fighting in Italy at time of his wound (17.9.1944).

If the seller has his EKII document I suggest you buy it to keep the grouping together... If you split them up now they will probably never be reunited again, keep it complete. Chances are the medal itself is good too, but if you want to be certain post some pictures of it in the Crosses section of the forum and I am sure they will help you!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yes, you are right, maybe I should do that.

That doc is dated 14 juni ''44.

I will post pictures at the forum.

Comment

While the 305 Inf. Div. was back near Imola, his Fus.Batl 305 Fusilier was inserted iduring the battle of the Giogo Pass in the 745 Gren.Reg. (715 Inf.Div.) and September 17, 1944 was more or less where I signed in yellow...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Wow Mufasa, that is great information. Thanks! This makes the story of Rudolf Piper more complete.

The other award doc is on my way. In a two days it is in my collection. If I have good pics of it, I will post them too here.

Comment

Awesome... Glad to hear you bought the other document.

Comment

Thanks I am very satisfied with these new things.

Here are some photo's of the other award doc. This one is dated 14 June, 1944. Could this unit be at that time at about the same place where the soldier earned his Wound badge?

Again, thanks for all the info.

Comment

Very nice, and big thumbs up for keeping it together.

Can't say for sure if the unit was in the same place; possibly close to the same area, but there seems to be a 3 month difference between the EK and BWB. As much as the allies were advancing at that time, there could have been quite a bit of difference in location.

best
                      Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X