Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another seller on ebay selling fake KGB photos

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190589806366

Here we have what is becoming an epidemic on the auction websites worldwide. What is sad is that there are so many bidders that don't know these "kgb" from poor Russian colonel photos are fakes. The one for this link is from the adolf photo card series and someone on ebay has a top bid of $33 !!! I have several of the original photo cards from the adolf series that I would normally sell for $2 to $3 on my website.

It is polluting our hobby and if/when a large percentage of these bidders who've been ripped off find out, it will place a cloud on our hobby to where no dealer can be trusted even if he/she never sold fakes.

Anyone agree or disagree? How do we best educate buyers?

Well.... anyone that buys a KGB WWII era anything needs his head examined, The KGB was not formed until after the war! Anyone agree with that?
    The best way to "educate buyers" is to send them off to get an education, a few bad purchases will usually do the trick! As our esteemed member Dr. Strangelove has often stated "it is often better and cheaper to buy the story rather than the item" when it comes to postwar fakes lol!!!!
    Kevin

Comment

everywhere

that listing has gone... some sellers might need a bit of educating, too... that might help everyone to avoid fakes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X