MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic tdb / dk group + camo.tunic !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice

Comment

Extremely nice group you have there. Congrats and thank you for sharing!

Comment

Thank you all Guys. My best Friend convinced me to join W.A.F. and share some of my Groupings, and I must say, he was right, it's a Pleasure to read your Comments. I have also discovered some great Stuff on this Forum, especially about "Panzerknackers", hard-to-find Paybooks and great Pics. For the Pleasure it brought me, it was right from my Side to show something pleasant for your Eyes to. My single Problem here is the English Tongue, that I like to read but who is hard for me to write. By the Way, excuse my poor English, right now and in the Future !!

Comment

For sure one of the most beautiful portrait with field made tunic I have ever seend before.
          You have a very very great group that really few persons can have.
          Congrats and thanks for showing us.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
          - THE SS TK RING
          - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
          - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
          - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
            First, this neet Portrait : </P>
            It's interesting that the first portrait appears to be a composite created by a professional retoucher. Note the areas I circled in blue. His neck does not properly fit the collar. Also, the arm of his spectacles has been shakily retouched. Nevertheless, the person who created this (probably late war or even early post-war) has done a very good job. Do you know when he was taken POW? I have a similar photo in my collection of an officer who was MIA at Stalingrad. His family asked his brother to pose in his uniform, with all medals, and then a professional retoucher added the missing man's face. I have attached the photo below.

Thanks for posting these items from your collection. I'm sure all agree that you have some fantastic stuff.

All the best,
            Jason
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice Lionel! It is interesting to see how the colors translate from color to black and white on the tunic photos! Thanks for shareing it with us here! shown with the DKiG document looks like a photo showing a STuG, Any chance of showing it close up?
              Kevin
              Last edited by WEISNER; 10-24-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Hi Weisner ! Sure, I will make a close-up from this Stug for you tomorrow... it's now quite late in France ! Jason, thanks for this Technical point of View, but, honestly, I have just looked at this Photo with the most powerful magnifier I have, and see no retouche. These methods were at this time often used for K.I.A., or to add some awards posthumely, but in the case of this Oblt, I don't see any Sense in it ! Thank you all for your interest in this Grouping.

Comment

Take a look at this thread I did for a book and some straps for the 154th Inf regt- 58th ID.

As stated by the author who served under that division the whole war while on occupation duty in Belgium dated 4 July 1940 to 24 April 1941. ,

" About this time we received a small black, white, and red cord to wear over our left shoulder, indicating we were members of the 58th Infantry Division."

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=368920

I really found it interesting that in this case the band designated the division.

I highly recommend you read this soldiers account. Great photo grouping and thank you for posting.

Comment

Many Thanks Sammler for Answering my Question, an information that I find nowhere until yet .... Another one with the "58.I.D.- Stripe" </P>

Comment

Wonderfull group yu have, you say that the only thing you regret is there is no Soldbuch or Wehrpass in it, I ust disagree with you, only fault of this group is that it is not in my collection

Congratulation, a nice group and more if you take in mind that you met the original owner, a plus not always foung.

Angel
                      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hi Angel ! Thanks for your Comment, nice to meet you there after so many Years we dealt together !!! Now the StuG Pic for Weisner </P>

Comment

OUTSTANDING group you have shown here

Just amazing

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
                            Many Thanks Sammler for Answering my Question, an information that I find nowhere until yet .... Another one with the "58.I.D.- Stripe"

Here are the straps I had posted, great thread. Maybe these guys knew each other?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                              It's interesting that the first portrait appears to be a composite created by a professional retoucher.

Comment

Wow !

What a Super Great group ! I would have loved to have encluded it in my book ! Congrats !, Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X