Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo album

Hello all,
    I am posting some pictures of two photo albums. Both include somewhere around 50+ picture (I never have counted). They aren't unit specific, and I have found pictures of the: RAD, Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, Panzer division, NSKK, and Hitler Youth. Does anyone know why all of these would be in one album? Was it put together by a GI who found the pictures? any info will help! Pictures can be seen at: http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...photo%20album/

Thanks for the help!!

Originally posted by nreed_94 View Post
    Hello all,
    I am posting some pictures of two photo albums. Both include somewhere around 50+ picture (I never have counted). They aren't unit specific, and I have found pictures of the: RAD, Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, Panzer division, NSKK, and Hitler Youth. Does anyone know why all of these would be in one album? Was it put together by a GI who found the pictures? any info will help! Pictures can be seen at: http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...photo%20album/

Thanks for the help!!
    A lot of albums will show attendance in Rad & then progression into Heer/Wehrmacht.

Many will show one man in the Heer with a brother in Luftwaffe and friends in different branches and so on, so it would not be that unusual.

If you look through the albums look closely at the faces and see if the same people crop up throughout. If they do then it's a good sign. If there is no repetition of faces then it could be that they are put together. It could also just be that the man who created the albums took all pictures and was not himself in any, or that they were removed. It's hard to say going by the pics you provided but I didn't see anything to indicate they were albums put together by a GI post-war.

Comment

Originally posted by Helden View Post
      A lot of albums will show attendance in Rad & then progression into Heer/Wehrmacht.

Many will show one man in the Heer with a brother in Luftwaffe and friends in different branches and so on, so it would not be that unusual.

If you look through the albums look closely at the faces and see if the same people crop up throughout. If they do then it's a good sign. If there is no repetition of faces then it could be that they are put together. It could also just be that the man who created the albums took all pictures and was not himself in any, or that they were removed. It's hard to say going by the pics you provided but I didn't see anything to indicate they were albums put together by a GI post-war.
      Hi, Thanks for the response! I haven't seen any repeat faces. It is an interesting album, and I haven't seen anything online about them.

Comment

lamo thread... NO PICS..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X