Himmler Signed SchutzPolizei Promotion Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler Signed SchutzPolizei Promotion Document

I have a couple questions for the group in regard to a document I have.

The document is a promotion award document signed by Himmler for the SchutzPolizei. It is dated December 1943 and has a facimile autograph of Hitler in the center and genuine Himmler autograph signed in blue on the right hand side of the document.

One the left hand side it has the raised eagle & swastika and the gold eagle & swastika at the top center.

The large format document is approx A3 in size. Perfect for display and is outstanding condition in my opinion.

It also has what appears to be catalog number in pencil in various corners on the front and obverse of the document. I assumed they could be archive catalog numbers??? Any ideas?

Also what is fair price to ask for this document?

Any help would be well received.

Thank you

We need to see it really.

Who is it to and what's the rank?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Offhand, it appears to be a Schupo officer's promotion document. The pencil number is his DAL number I believe. I asked $2000 for a Himmler signed promotion document to a senior officer in the RSHA at the SOS this year. It did not sell. I was told $1500 to $1700 was an appropriate range.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
        We need to see it really.

Who is it to and what's the rank?

At the weekend getaway, so I am not at my home.

The Police Officer's name slips my mind, but the officer is being promoted to the rank of Major in the SchutzPolizei.

Is there a way to post photos without becoming an association member?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
          Offhand, it appears to be a Schupo officer's promotion document. The pencil number is his DAL number I believe. I asked $2000 for a Himmler signed promotion document to a senior officer in the RSHA at the SOS this year. It did not sell. I was told $1500 to $1700 was an appropriate range.
          Ok that is great!!!

My document is in A1 condition, however the appropiate range actually exceeds my expectation.

Comment

Hello.

Note the document JoeW was for a senior officer in the RSHA.

Much rarer than a police officer so worth more.

Regards,
            Chris.

Comment

If it doesn't have its cardboard folder then a standard promotion document to a 'normal' personality (i.e. no-one notorious or well known) is worth around 600-800 Euros (approx $800 to $1070), a little more if it still has its cardboard folder. These pop up for sale every now and then and that is the usual price range asked by dealers but obviously that depends on the dealer, some are alot more expensive then others but all add a premium to the price.
              Although admittedly different from yours, there is a Himmler signed document on the E-Stand at the moment and it isn't selling at 415 Euros ($555).

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                If it doesn't have its cardboard folder then a standard promotion document to a 'normal' personality (i.e. no-one notorious or well known) is worth around 600-800 Euros (approx $800 to $1070), a little more if it still has its cardboard folder. These pop up for sale every now and then and that is the usual price range asked by dealers but obviously that depends on the dealer, some are alot more expensive then others but all add a premium to the price.
                Although admittedly different from yours, there is a Himmler signed document on the E-Stand at the moment and it isn't selling at 415 Euros ($555).
                There seems to have been a load of these discovered somewhere, as these Recommendations (Vorschlag) for Promotion are appearing on auctions and at shows. I think these are quite different from the formal promotion documents which feature the gold embossed eagle, heavy paper and nice signature.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                  There seems to have been a load of these discovered somewhere, as these Recommendations (Vorschlag) for Promotion are appearing on auctions and at shows. I think these are quite different from the formal promotion documents which feature the gold embossed eagle, heavy paper and nice signature.
                  I agree - my last sentence was related to the price of a Himmler signature in general. The previous 3 sentences were related to the more formal promotion citation that has been described. But then again, value and pricing is very subjective and will vary from person to person.

Comment

Here are some pics of OpCit's doc ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

two more ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Paul

Comment

Hello!

I have a certificate signed by Himmler. Anyone interested can contact me. The document is 100% original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X