Adolf Hitler Invitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler Invitation

This is an unused invitation to a orchestra (I think) It has the envelope a blank sheet with the emblem, a placard for a table and two invitations unused. It doesn't say Berlin over to one side. What is the significance of the "Obersalzberg Den" mark?

Comment

Actuallt there are 2 unused invitations but they are identical so i only posted one.

Comment

It's a dinner invitation. "Abendessen" is literally "evening meal." The address given is Wilhelmsstrasse 77 in Berlin.

The card has a different location, namely Obersalzburg. "Den" would be followed by the date as in "Den 1. September 1939." It translates to "the" as in "the 1st of September."

Comment

AAh very good It came with a photo album for a dinner and orchestra performance I assumed they were connected. The organization was the Gemeinschaft and looks like the official photo album for the event.

Comment

All very nice pieces, though they don't appear to be related. The invitation is a generic piece for a dinner at the Old Chancellery in Berlin, where Hitler would held dinner parties for smaller groups of people. Events at the New Reichschancellery included the Voss Strasse address. The note card is a blank piece of stationery that Hitler would have used while at the Berghof. It's hard to tell whether the envelope was intended for use with the invitation or the note card; whichever piece better fits the envelope would be my guess.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              All very nice pieces, though they don't appear to be related. The invitation is a generic piece for a dinner at the Old Chancellery in Berlin, where Hitler would held dinner parties for smaller groups of people. Events at the New Reichschancellery included the Voss Strasse address. The note card is a blank piece of stationery that Hitler would have used while at the Berghof. It's hard to tell whether the envelope was intended for use with the invitation or the note card; whichever piece better fits the envelope would be my guess.

Br. James
              I'm afraid I'm not so convinced. One has to be very wary over Hitler stationery as it now realises quite high prices and consequently attracts the fake manufacturers. I'd like to see these first hand or even more defined quality images first. There's also a couple of things I'm not comfortable with in the composition of these. See a previos discussion at http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=stationery
              Regards,
              Max.

Comment

I'm pretty convinced. with all the items coming from the same estate sale. The photos cannot really show the detail you can see in person. There is not one false item in the whole group with the photos, an album, personal photos and the Nuremberg press kit I have no doubts at all.

Comment

This picture is the one that says it best. raised printing superior quality. In addition the foxing on the paper, the letter is double paged, the envelope lined. It speaks to it's age. I am confident in it's authenticity

Last edited by Panzervtiger; 10-05-2011, 04:30 AM.

Comment

I agree that the printing appears to be of high quality and I am not saying that the pieces are fake. All I stress is that AH stationery requires extreme caution. Personally, I prefer to physically examine this type of item before accepting it as genuine. The quality of an authentic piece can be seen below. It might be the images provided, but there is a slight difference in the sharp quality of the above examples from this one.

Br. James is a little mistaken in his description of receptions at the Reichskanzlei. This invitation appears to date from around the mid-1930s onwards and the address is correct for that period as the Neue Reichskanzlei was not built until 1939. However, all official receptions were held at the Wilhelmstrasse address until the new building opened, but even then official invitations to functions gave the Wilhemstrasse address as this was the only entrance which continued to allow vehicular access for visitors.
                    Regards,
                    Max.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I hear you, the eagle does have slight variances but that may be different printers. The paper is the proper stock and the age of it shows. The edges of the invitations are gold and the printing is obvious of quality. I will post a straight on picture also to compare What I thought this was connected to was a photo album for a dinner and orchestra that these items were in. I'll post those pictures tonight. That event occurred in 1939 from the printing on the album

Comment

These are totally original. Have some also. Most copies cannot or do not have raised lettering and for most who produce copies they are the flat printed Christmas good wishes. , Obersalzberg would be too obscure.

Comment

Originally posted by zitadelle1 View Post
                          .....Most copies cannot or do not have raised lettering and for most who produce copies they are the flat printed Christmas good wishes. , Obersalzberg would be too obscure.
                          Sorry, but you are mistaken. Over the years I have seen plenty of fake printed Hitler stationery with raised block lettering. Usually the fake ones do not have the superior quality of original pieces, but I have also come across high quality golden raised block printing forgeries. Luckily, they are few in number. I have also seen fake Berlin, München, Berchtesgaden, Obersalzberg and Berghof examples.
                          Max.

Comment

Heres a straight on shot of both eagles. Again these are most definitely authentic.

Comment

But it appears you have posted four different eagles here. I still feel a little uncomfortable with certain aspects of these. For example, the swastika on the card is clearly off centre in your 90 degree shot. Authentic examples have the swastika almost touching the wreath at top, bottom and sides. Yours does not. The bottom image does not appear to be of the same quality gold block printing as the others, but this could be down to the quality of the photo. As I said before, I wouldn't be convinced unless I could physically examine them.
                              Regards,
                              Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X