CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legion Condor Panzer Veteran and later "Tiger" Veteran Grouping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legion Condor Panzer Veteran and later "Tiger" Veteran Grouping...

A good friend of mine asked me to post this here. My friend recently had the good fortune to obtain the Photo below (the photo only – not the doc which is being sold in a larger group). More from this Legion Condor Panzer Veteran / “Tiger” Veteran is now for sale at Militaria321 and Ebay.de:

Even though this set is being broken up, it is still nice put a name to a face (or vice versa) when it comes to this LC Panzer Badge holder, as this is not always the case…

“Hundestaffel”
    Attached Files

You will find more of Beck's material here....

http://www.ebay.de/itm/orig-Fotoalbu...t_22538wt_1050
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/180731183013?...ht_2594wt_1165

http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5968245

http://www.ebay.de/itm/180731183013?...ht_2594wt_1165

...and a great shot of Beck's "Tiger" here:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180732569571?...84.m1438.l2649

"Hundestaffel"
    Last edited by Hundestaffel; 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Hello,
      I noticed this but I don't recognize the LC Pz badge on the picture. Moreover, the papers don't mention participation to Spain civil war, nor the Spanish cross award and any other spanish medals.
      jacques

Comment

the document of his nomination to the rank of "Wachtmeister" is dated 1938 with the Nach.Abt.40 unit, while at this time he was supposed to be in Spain.
        I guess the name is the same as listed in the LC book, but it is not the same guy. The badge he is wearing on the picture could be sport badge.
        jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacques View Post
          the document of his nomination to the rank of "Wachtmeister" is dated 1938 with the Nach.Abt.40 unit, while at this time he was supposed to be in Spain.
          I guess the name is the same as listed in the LC book, but it is not the same guy. The badge he is wearing on the picture could be sport badge.
          jacques
          Thats why I didnt bid on this. After a closer look into this, I came to the conclusion it was most lilkey to be a DRL sports badge.
          There are still some more photos for sale of this guy on Ebay from a different seller than posted, as we speak. Those too are out of focus though unfortunately. I did like the photo of him and the motorcycle tho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/orig-Foto-Ka...item27bedec07d
          Last edited by 12thPanzer; 10-08-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

after looking at this one from another seller......he seems to be wearing a regular PAB in this particular photo. The photo posted below in the 1st post looks like a DRL
            Attached Files

Comment

I can assure you that Beck IS wearing the LC Tank Badge in the photo in post #1 as I have seen the crisp, clear, uncropped photo myself (although I will ask my friend to make a better scan to leave no doubt in anyones mind - please remember a lot of scans posted here on the WAF are purposely taken with a low resolution to deter copying - the photo in post #1 being no exception...).

"Hundestaffel"
              Last edited by Hundestaffel; 10-08-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

jacques

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                Thats why I didnt bid on this. After a closer look into this, I came to the conclusion it was most lilkey to be a DRL sports badge.
                There are still some more photos for sale of this guy on Ebay from a different seller than posted, as we speak. Those too are out of focus though unfortunately. I did like the photo of him and the motorcycle tho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/orig-Foto-Ka...item27bedec07d

I have a high-resolution scan of this photograph which I received from the current owner and I too can confirm that the soldier is in fact wearing the Legion Condor tank badge; there is absolutely no doubt about it.

It really is a spectacular photo

Rob

Comment

If you can share it please, or send to my email with copyright : jccondor@laposte.net

jacques

Comment

It's up to the owner to decide. If he gives the "Ok" either Trevor or I can send you a watermarked version of the photo.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                      It's up to the owner to decide. If he gives the "Ok" either Trevor or I can send you a watermarked version of the photo.

Rob
                      Of course I understand. I hope he will agree, I should be very interested to put a face on a name.
                      jacques

Comment

Hello,
                        Does the owner give his OK to share a close up of the picture?
                        regards
                        jacques

Comment

Hello,
                          Does the owner give his OK to share a close up of the picture?
                          regards
                          jacques

No.

Sorry, but at this time he does not wish to share a close-up scan or a higher quality scan of the photo.

Rob

Comment

Here's another one for you, Jacques.

A wonderful photo of a Legion Condor Tank Badge in wear that just sold on eBay. In addition to the EKI, PAB in silver and the black wound badge, it looks as though he is also wearing either a DKIG or a Spanish Cross. The ribbon bar appears to have four ribbons.

Enjoy,
                            Rob
                            Attached Files

Comment

Close up:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X