Felix Steiner signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felix Steiner signature?

Hello guys. a friend of mine has this for sale. Is the document and the signature any good? the signature is faint and worse the stamp is right on top and not in the usual bottom left.
    thanks in advance
    tony
    Attached Files

Unfortunately, it is not good at all. The signature, stamp and document are all bad.
    Regards!

Comment

Hello Tony,

I agree with Adem. This document is totally bogus. It is a horrible fake and not even close to what an original would look like. Here is what an original official seal for the SS Wiking Division and Felix Steiner signature should look like.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Steiner's signature is one that is commonly forged. This example above posted by aoliveira, however, is an extremely poor attempt.
        In my opinion, the signature below also leaves a lot to be desired.
        Max.
        Attached Files

Comment

thank you very much guys. I've seen tom's 'steiner signature' in an earlier thread and just wanted to be 100% sure this was a bad forgery. now i have to let my friend know the award is no good, he's had it for quite awhile. the look of the award by itself would have fooled me if i didn't have steiner's signature to compare to. I have alot to learn about award documents, any recomendations on books to read?
          thank you very much again guys
          tony

Comment

Originally posted by aoliveira View Post
            thank you very much guys. I've seen tom's 'steiner signature' in an earlier thread and just wanted to be 100% sure this was a bad forgery. now i have to let my friend know the award is no good, he's had it for quite awhile. the look of the award by itself would have fooled me if i didn't have steiner's signature to compare to. I have alot to learn about award documents, any recomendations on books to read?
            thank you very much again guys
            tony
            Hello Tony,

Two books that I would recommend are Emilie Caldwell Stewart's German Military Award Documents 1939-1945 and Adrian Forman's Guide to Third Reich German Documents...and Their Values (in two volumes). Although neither book has a lot of text, they are loaded with pictures of original documents, showing many variations. You will learn so much, just by studying the pictures and reading the captions.

Best regards,
            Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Yes, it is a really bad fake... By the way, Steiners signature changed a little bit while war (like almost every signature)... If I compare my early ones with the lates ones around 1944, the 3. German SS Panzer Korps time, then I will clearly see it. Regards

Comment

Exquisite [ly awful excuse for a document].

~ Mike

Comment

The stamp is a bad fantasy piece, using the wrong font.

These type of stamps are coming from Eastern Europe, and can be bought for around 25 Euro, on Ebay, Epier and Militaria321.......last site is also a "good" source for such fake documents.......

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

another

Came across another fake factory Steiner to match the one maxhistory posted earlier...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                      Came across another fake factory Steiner to match the one maxhistory posted earlier...

Obviously coming from the same source but totally unlike a Steiner original !! The document that started the thread is truly appalling

Comment

Old thread but quite interesting. I have to admit that I haven't seen many Steiner signatures so far.
                        Why are they so rare? Or am I wrong?

Btw., when searching the WAF I just found two of his (original) signatures.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
                          Old thread but quite interesting. I have to admit that I haven't seen many Steiner signatures so far.
                          Why are they so rare? Or am I wrong?

Btw., when searching the WAF I just found two of his (original) signatures.

Regards
                          Steiner's signature is not uncommon and can be found regularly in auctions.
                          Max.

Comment

Many Wiking and III SS Panzer Korps award docs etc were signed by him so not an uncommon signature but due to his rank / awards/commands his is a nice signature to have !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X