A REAL "Winter Camo" Helmet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A REAL "Winter Camo" Helmet...

Maybe not in the flesh, but a superb period photo...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Orig-Foto-Por...item20bcdbb5bf

"Hundestaffel"
    Last edited by Hundestaffel; 09-26-2011, 08:19 AM.

The link does not work with me?

Comment

It works for me, great photo!
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

This may be a no-no, but here it is before it vanishes...

"Hundestaffel"
        Attached Files

Comment

Not original white camo, looked like it was painted yesterday. Jacques

Comment

I saw this one on ebay, but I'm not a huge fan of the "faded" grey portraits. Very odd camo tho for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
              PZV posted a set of photos in a thread on here before with a group of soldiers with similar snow camo.
              Indeed he did Mousey (although I'm having trouble finding the link...please post if found)...there is a (very) good posibility that this individual photo was at one time part of, or associated with, PZV's "Zebra Camo" photo set...

*** Update - just found the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=Winter+Camo

"Hundestaffel"
              Last edited by Hundestaffel; 09-26-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

The linked photo's all smack of re-enactors. There is something wrong about the images. Just cannot put my finger on it. Too clean? Too well fed?

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
                  Indeed he did Mousey (although I'm having trouble finding the link...please post if found)...there is a (very) good posibility that this individual photo was at one time part of, or associated with, PZV's "Zebra Camo" photo set...

*** Update - just found the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=Winter+Camo

"Hundestaffel"
                  Great Catch Hunde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stroodle View Post
                    The linked photo's all smack of re-enactors. There is something wrong about the images. Just cannot put my finger on it. Too clean? Too well fed?
                    Just my thougts aswell. "Action" pictures and clean white clothing?? All helmets are clean also. Perhaps a new group of soldiers who just arrived at the front and just received their clothing and new freshly painted helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
                      Just my thougts aswell. "Action" pictures and clean white clothing?? All helmets are clean also. Perhaps a new group of soldiers who just arrived at the front and just received their clothing and new freshly painted helmets.

They're not 'front' photos but training photos so quite natural to see clean kit that hasn't been worn for weeks or months.

The camouflage pattern on the helmet is pretty good considering the silver birch wooded environment, you'd want to break up solid white like that.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon is correct with his observations / comments i.e. training photos...the photos in PZV's Album are unquestionably legitimate.

*** I also posted this thread in the WAF's Helmet Section ...if you wish to see a white helmet winter combat photo, I think you'll enjoy the SS Sniper photo posted there by another WAF member:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=543924

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X