Westland Regiment Doc Group/Wachtkompanie Obersalzburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westland Regiment Doc Group/Wachtkompanie Obersalzburg

I've owned this unique group of documents for many years. Herman Mueller volunteered for the WSS in 1940 and was originally posted to SS-"D" in Munich, later to 6 / SS Westland. He was briefly hospitalized for "angina", but returned to duty w 1/ SS Inf Brigade (Mot). He fought at Kursk under the 299th I.D. He won the EKII and was wounded in the left lung by a shell fragment. Upon his recovery, he returned to 7 SS Westland. He fought at Tarnapol etc etc and was seriously wounded in the left thigh. He was then posted to serve in the Wachtkompanie Obersalzburg, where his leg was eventually amputated. I believe the special Himmler signed (facsimile) SWB document was awarded when he lost his leg. I have Muller's complete service file from the US National Archives, and it corroborates the documents exactly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Luftm40; 09-25-2011, 08:57 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wachtkompanie on parade Obersalzburg...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Luftm40; 09-25-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Mueller is second from the right in the second picture...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Luftm40; 09-25-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

There are a number of other pictures I can post if people are interested....

Comment

I'm not really into SS stuff but this is pretty goldang cool. I'd love to see more pics
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Dear Sir,

Great group, many thanks for sharing

What is the link with the Netherlands. Do have a close up of the SWB document? Was he stationed at that time in the Netherlands?

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

I think it was because of the Westland Regiment's association w/ recruits from the Netherlands, although Mueller himself was German.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Luftm40; 09-26-2011, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Why would Himmler sign a SWB urkunde?
                    (though I gather the above sig is a stamp)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan M View Post
                      Why would Himmler sign a SWB urkunde?
                      (though I gather the above sig is a stamp)
                      Why not.....a frequent visitor to Obersalzberg so his commander may have submitted to his c in c

Comment

I believe this was an honorific document given Muellers duty assignment. His service record confirms that his leg wound resulted in his leg being amputated while serving in the Wachtkompanie. This is also the reason for the Silver award for loss of a limb. It may also have been the case that approval for such an award had to go beyond the Wachtkompanie chain of command. The only way to know about his amputated leg is to see his record in the National Archives.....
                        Last edited by Luftm40; 09-26-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Dear Luft40,

Again a great and rare grouping, many thanks for sharing

Rene

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X