SS Prinz Eugen Portrait to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Prinz Eugen Portrait to share

Some of you may have seen this Portrait already, as I believe the previous owner had posted it in another forum some time ago.....but luckily I was able to purchase it from him recently. Even happier to find it was indeed a Period Original when I recieved it. ( I still get nervous now + then when buying SS pics until an in-hand inspection is done!) - im sure we all do

Portrait shows a member of the SS Prinz Eugen Division. Im guessing he is Romanian due to the badge .... and knowing Prz.E's composition and all. I used to know the exact name of the badge, but all I can remember is that it was a Romanian/Volksduetsche Sports Badge or something along those lines??
    If someone could help me out w/ the "official" name of the badge, I would greatly appreciate it! (Couldnt find it online either)
    Thanks
    -Bill T.
    Attached Files

Nobody can ID this Foreign badge?? Romanian or Croatian maybe??
    ANY comments are more than welcome! Thanks Guys
    Attached Files

Comment

Hallo 12thPanzer

It is the Military Sports Badge of the Romanian Volksdeutsche Community (Wehrsportabzeichen)

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
        Hallo 12thPanzer

It is the Military Sports Badge of the Romanian Volksdeutsche Community (Wehrsportabzeichen)
        Awesome! Thank You VERY much. I dont know why it was so hard for me to find online or in any of my reference books.?
        I knew I had remembered it to be some type of Romanian badge, but still coudlnt find it. You have actually helped me find the old thread this pic was posted in too! Thanks again for the correct ID
        Last edited by 12thPanzer; 09-25-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X