Need German translation for KB Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need German translation for KB Photo

It would be greatly appreciated if one of the German Forum members could help translate the hand written script into English.

The photo was taken by a WSS Kriegsberichter during the Battle of Kursk, July 1943.

Don't cannibalize, will be repaired!!! Mind our words!

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Almost:

Don´t cannibalize, will be repaired!!! Think of our west!
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank, I also thought it could be West but that doesn't make any sense to me. What do they mean by that?

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Dear Daniel,

It is a bit strange, but that is 100% what it says. I would interpret it that way: They were generalizing the bad East against the good West. "Do not completely destroy this, it will be repaired to defend our beloved West", something along the lines of that.
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Agree on the translation but it's more than just a bit strange! Is this a proper PK photograph? If yes, could we see a scan of the description tag on the back?

Comment

The photo is one of several taken by SS-KB Max Buschel of the SSLAH.
              There is no caption for the image. I only have the original contact sheet.
              I will post a few more shots so you can have a better idea of what's going on.

Remy <><

Comment

Here is a shot of the whole plane with some SS Grenadiers inspecting the wreckage.

Comment

Another photo taken from the same sequence. Hope this helps to get a better perspective of why the soldier would have written what he did on the tail of the plane.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X