X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urkunde EKII

Hello there

If you ask me, that is one of the firts distribution of the EKII
    6 oktober 1939 very early if you ask me!
    I'm still new for this so can anybody explane what "Zweitschrift" means?

Have a look!
    http://communities.msn.be/oberstFrit...hoto&PhotoID=7

It's mayby the firt awarded EKII
    I don't know.

Please give some info
    Thanks
    Greetings Nick
    Last edited by nick; 06-15-2002, 05:01 AM.

The word Zweitschritz means second one, usually it means that the owner has lost or damaged the original document and was given another to replace it. It's a nice document, has you researched? Is alone or part of a group? Unafortunately is not the first EK II awarded, several were given in September and the first I have seen is dated September 27th to a LW pilot surely others were given early, but now I can't remember.

Cheers

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

ekII

Hey there Angel

Thanks for your info.
      it's alone. (no group)
      I haven't done any reseach about this one. Mayby someone can Help?
      Does anybody has more info about 3./M.G.Btl 7?

Comment

Hi,
        just passing the forum, saw the great doc, very nice.

If you are researching, am I correct in saying this was from the 4th Infantry Division?

If so, it was part of 4 Corps, under General von Schwedler, which was part of Tenth Army in the Polish campain. They and 14 Motorised Corps were sent to attack Polish formations around Random. Sorry, that's all I know....

Regards,
        Tim

Comment

EKII

Thanks Tim

Can sombody confirm this?

Where is Lublin?(Polen)
          Greetings

Comment

3./M.G.Btl 7

Hi Nick,

According to Georg Tessin, Maschinengewehr-Btl.7 was formed in Königsbrück on the 15th of October 1935 with it's home garrison being Dresden in Wehrkreis IV. Although Tessin states that they were deployed as army troops, the 1939 Rangliste shows the battalion as subordinate to 4th Infantry Division and it would appear that it was still under command 4th Inf.-Div. in the Polish campaign as the award document is signed by Generalleutnant Erik Hansen, that division's commander.

The battalion commander during the Polish campaign was Oberstleutnant (later Generalleutnant) Hans Freiherr von Falkenstein, holder of the Saxon Military Saint Henry Order and a later German Cross in Gold winner. Leutnant Erich Lindhorst of 3rd company had been commissioned on the 1st of September 1938.

4th Division as already stated was a part of IV Corps, 10th Army, advanced from it's concentration area east of Oppeln in Silesia in the general direction Lublinitz, across the Warta river south of Czestochowa, across the Pilica river to Kielce, reaching the Vistula river by the 13th of September. It crossed the Vistula and advanced to Krasnik and crossed the Wieprz river on the 20th. This was the extent of the division's advance and with the entry of the Soviet forces into the campaign the division was withdrawn in the direction of Lublin/Pulawy (between the Vistula and Wieprz rivers) where it was at the end of the campaign.

Regards
            Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X