Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe KIA Observer Grouping

Hello,
    I Came across this document grouping for a KIA luftwaffe observer. Here are some photos. included is the original feldpost to his wife notifying os his death and what the seller calls a "blood-Line" book with the KIA airman entry. Have a look, any opinions or could someone help me identify everything, also looks to be some carbon copy documents.

Forgot to add this. the letter to his wife reads:

K. Heitner, First Lt. Battle zone, 11 July 1942 L 39317, Lg. Po. Posen Very honored Mrs.! With deepest regret, I must give you the sad news that your husband was fatally wounded during an enemy mission on July 10. At this painful loss, I want to express the entire squadron’s sympathy. With the death of your husband, the squadron lost one its best observers who always had successes in many fearless enemy missions. At first, he flew as an observer with my crew and, during those flights, I learned to value him as a soldier and person. Due to his natural leadership, he then became commander of his own crew. On the fateful day, he was flying a reconnaissance mission south of Moscow. At about 7:00 pm near Tol, the deadly bullet struck him during a fighter attack. It may be a slight comfort to you to know that he died instantly and did not suffer any great pain. Your husband will be buried with full military honors on July 13 at 3:00 pm at Hero’s Cemetery III in Szolsnak.

Sergeant Hobbing gave his life for the future of our people, and for this greatest sacrifice he will always be remembered in the squadron.

I greet you with deepest sympathy,

Yours, Kurt Heitner

Certified: Wiesbaden, August 15 1942

Comment

Interesting looking lot, I am afraid you will need to post much cleared and close up photos of the paperwork for a good review of them to take place. like what I see so far.
      Kevin

Comment

Hello,

It looks like a very nice grouping of documents to Reimar Hobbing but, of course, the Black Wound Badge and Silver Infantry Assault Badge documents are not part of the same grouping.

The Observer Badge document is signed by General der Flieger Gustav Kastner-Kirdorf as Chief of the Luftwaffe Personnel Office.

The EK2 document is signed by Generaloberst Alexander Löhr as Chief of Air Fleet 4.

Both the documents for the EK1 and the Silver Reconnaissance Flight Clasp are signed by General der Flieger Robert Ritter von Greim as the Commanding General of Luftwaffe Command in the East.

Looks like this guy was assigned to 1.(F)/100: This would be the 1st Staffel of (F) Aufklärungsgruppe 100, a long-range reconnaissance group.

Best regards,
        Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
          Looks like this guy was assigned to 1.(F)/100: This would be the 1st Staffel of (F) Aufklärungsgruppe 100, a long-range reconnaissance group.
          Actually, at the time of Hobbing's death, the unit was still designated as 1.(F)/Aufklärungsgruppe Ob.d.L. It wasn't re-designated to 1.(F)/100 until later in 1942.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

This is the Volkabund entry of him:

Reimar Hobbing

Reimar Hobbing ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Smolensk-Nishnjaja Dubrowinka.

Nachname:Hobbing
            Vorname:Reimar
            Dienstgrad:Feldwebel
            Geburtsdatum:21.04.1908
            Geburtsort:Berlin-Wilmersdorf
            Todes-/Vermisstendatum:12.07.1942
            Todes-/Vermisstenort:zw.Tula u. Sserpuchow

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X