How to address photo infringement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to address photo infringement

Excellent resource addressing photo infringement and what actions one can take to protect their rights:

http://www.photoattorney.com/?p=515

"You’re sitting in your easy chair and surfing the web. You’re not paying much attention, until you see it. It’s your photo, but you did not post it there. You can’t believe they used your photo without your permission. Now what do you do?"

Mike,
    This advice is for the actual photographer, not someone who has bought a photo. There is a distinction which should be mentioned.
    Max.

Comment

WWI and WWII pictures were sometimes printed in several copies, so, it's very hard to claim a copyright for a picture that you have just bought and not actually "taken".
      Once the picture is posted on the web, it's actually gone and lost, since, if I just print a photopaper-copy of it and I claim that I've bought it at some fleamarket, I also "own" it and there's NOTHING you can do about.

It's a trick, but as photo-collector, I know people do this, since they did it with my pictures also, and this is why I don't post images anymore.

The only solution is to crop severly chops of pictures before post it.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
        Mike,
        This advice is for the actual photographer, not someone who has bought a photo. There is a distinction which should be mentioned.
        Max.
        Yep, I get it. But in cases of protecting one's own photos, the site has relevance. Check this out:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=tropical

I should have been more clear.

-

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
          Once the picture is posted on the web, it's actually gone and lost, since, if I just print a photopaper-copy of it and I claim that I've bought it at some fleamarket, I also "own" it and there's NOTHING you can do about..
          I see your point TK, but there must be some type of protection from people making money off our pics that we dont know about!? The only thing I have trouble with is if Someone is actually Profiting from my photos in any way w/ out permission.... Whether publishing, or reproducing images.
          Also, There is a big difference between copy/pasting and copy + reproducing/selling. I personally do Neither, but have had BOTH happen to me + my photos.
          Honestly, like TK says.....theres not much we can do about it, which isnt right in my eye. I find it hard to believe that there isnt ANY type of copyright law against stealing peoples property. We post on forums to SHARE and learn, not to Give away our image to any person with access.

MIKE- that is indeed a good link, and a good start for us!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X