Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying and pasting pictures

Hi Guys

This is something I have bumped into. This guy on Google profiles has hundred's of pictures that he say's are copyrighted to him. Here is the problem. He is cutting and pasting dealers photographs and cropping their names off. (I know because I was searching for some pictures and saw the same ones I own except the dealers name was cropped off). I am guessing if he did this to my photo's. and dealer. I am sure he is doing it to others. Is there anything we can do. I e-mailed the dealer and the dealer contacted him and all he did was add the dealer. But he didn't remove the pictures. It just makes me angry knowing he is basically copying and pasting pictures of photo's he doesn't own and he deliberately doing it because he is cropping the photo's. This is more of a rant. Because i know there is little we can do.

Brad

"This guy on Google profiles......"

Which guy Brad?
    Can you kindly provide a link to the Google profile you are referring to.

Cheers,

pfeil

Comment

Hi Pfeil

I just sent you a pm with the website link.

Thanks

Brad

Comment

Yes do post the link. there should be nothig wrong with that as the internet is the internet.

mike

Comment

If they are second world war photos the copyright has most likely expired anyway so he can do what he wants it means nothing.

Oh by the way simply owning a 'print; of a photograph does not give you the copyright that can only be transferred in writing by the original creator or their heirs depending of course under which jurisdiction the photo is copyrighted to.

Comment

Without getting into the never ending copyright debate...please do post the link on this thread. If he is stealing dealer photos he might also be doing so on some of the forums as well. I should think people might want to know if someone is using their photos without permission. Some of us
            WAF members managed to stop a guy who was selling our images on Ebay. But at the very least this guy can be ID'd to us photo collectors.

Comment

Well said I would have to agree

Comment

Sorry guys I was away for a bit. Here is the website

https://profiles.google.com/freiherr...22649711318497

Many of the Keitel photo's were taken from Kai's site and you can see where he cropped out his name. I have purchased some of the photo's so they are now in Kai's archieve section. But if you for example look at the wedding picture, you will see where he cropped out Kai's name.

It makes me angry because i believe he is claming to copyright the material! He doesn't even own it!

Brad

Comment

OH, I posted the link to the keitel pictures. Bascially the first 3 rows's were copied. If you go to his other albums you will see many more pictures. Not sure if they are copied or not. Maybe a mixture of both. But i know the keitel are copied if you go to Kai W. website you will see the ones that have not been sold yet there. And you will see where his name is cropped off.

Comment

some great pics on there..k

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X