Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with research on Dr. Wolfgang Laue documents

Help needed with Dr. Wolfgang Laue documents

I have run across a family who is interested in selling their late fathers relics. In the group are these documents from Dr. Wolfgang Laue and some photos of who I assume is him.

I have two questions, first…does anybody know much about who Dr. Wolfgang Laue is, He appears to pretty high up on the ladder, but I can not find much about him.

Second, does anybody have a “rough” idea what a good offer would be to make on these documents. Obviously I want to go as low as possible, but I do not want to miss out on them and I suspect that another collector may be looking at them as well. I’d like to bid enough to be able to obtain them without going overboard if you know what I mean.

Sorry about the quality of the photos, but they sent me copies via the mail, from a copy machine.
    Attached Files

More

More
    Attached Files

Comment

more a

more a
      Attached Files

Comment

Dr. Wolfgang Laue was a high ranking member of the staff in Hitler's Reichskanzlei.
        He was promoted to "Oberregierungsrat" (your document) and later to Ministerialrat.

Part of his job was, to answer all the letters people wrote to Hitler.

Gerdan

Comment

Is the photo that I posted, a photo of Dr. Laue ?

I ask because it is signed but it does not look like it spells Wolfgang Laue.

Thanks for the info you have provided so far, it's more than I had.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Dave, if this Laue is from Magdeburg, I know the family quite well, and have some material relating to him.

Comment

a

At this time, I have no idea were he is from. All I know is a lady sold some American relics to a friend of mine out of state (he does not collect German). He had her copy these papers and passed them on to me to see if I was interested, which I am.

I am trying to do some research (homework) before I make her an offer on them. It is possible that she may have more stuff, as she recalls a small bag of "pins and buttons" but she has not found them yet. In the photo, I can see Dr. Laue is wearing a gold party badge :-) If the veteran took this grouping, it must of come from his home or office and there could be more to go with it.

If I get this group, I may be interested in what you have.

Comment

I do not know if Laue is from Magdeburg but his thesis/docotorate he finished 1927 at the

Erlangen University at the Department jurisprudence. The subject was income taxes.

Gerdan

Comment

Apparently my guy's first name was Ernst. His brother was adjutant to Eitel-Friedrich von Hohenzollern in WW1.

Comment

Dr. Laue had also an other first name "Wilhelm" Wolfgang Laue. So he is named on the title of his doctoral thesis 1927.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X