SS officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer

I am trying to find a clear picture of a SS officer wearing a schiftmutzen/ overseas cap with a soutache. I have been searching everywhere with no luck. The schiftmutzen with a soutache was worn for a short period early war, which would explain the rarity of portraits showing them. Officers seemed to prefer the portraits with visors/schirmutzen? Anyone, thanx. Jacques

Not the best pic but Felix Steiner with soutache.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ustuf Hinze with soutache
      Stubaf Ruhmor with soutache
      Attached Files

Comment

Hausser with soutache
        Attached Files

Comment

But no portraits as in studio photographs so far.

Comment

Something like this?

Comment

Lasse thanx, yes something like that. You see them in black,but rarely or never in grey, espescially in a portrait? Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                Lasse thanx, yes something like that. You see them in black,but rarely or never in grey, espescially in a portrait? Jacques
                There are also some early war shots of Jochen Peiper while serving as a SS-Hstuf (I belive) in which he has the soutache to his cap, however, I belive it might have been a Heer officers cap with a metal skull added. (My memory is quite bad when it comes to specific details on specific pictures )

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse L View Post
                  There are also some early war shots of Jochen Peiper while serving as a SS-Hstuf (I belive) in which he has the soutache to his cap, however, I belive it might have been a Heer officers cap with a metal skull added. (My memory is quite bad when it comes to specific details on specific pictures )
                  Nothing wrong with your memory. I know that pic and you are spot on re the metal scull and heer cap. Jacques

Comment

The soutache was not uncommom at all with ss officers during the early years of the war...and not unheard of later on...anyhow as far as prewar type Feldmützen and wartime Schiffchen were concerned.

The term "Schiftmütze" does not exist in german so I take it you are refering to the both types I have mentioned. "Schaftmützen" for instance do exist but they look like the SA type caps and weren't worn in the field except of maybe some Volkssturm units.

Cheers!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X